Psoriasis

Dr. Julie

I'm wondering if any other CH sufferers also have psoriasis and if so, do you experience any changes that correlate with your CH cycles at all?

I ask because I've had scalp psoriasis for 30+ years and it disappears when I'm in cycle. I've never been able to shake it before, ever. It comes back when the cycle ends unfortunately but I can use it as a sign when a cycle is starting or ending.

Julie

On 11/2/2020 at 11:47 PM, Dr. Julie said:

I'm wondering if any other CH sufferers also have psoriasis and if so, do you experience any changes that correlate with your CH cycles at all?

I ask because I've had scalp psoriasis for 30+ years and it disappears when I'm in cycle. I've never been able to shake it before, ever. It comes back when the cycle ends unfortunately but I can use it as a sign when a cycle is starting or ending.

Julie

Do you use prednisone to break your cycle? Prednisone will transiently eliminate your psoriasis. Once you stop the prednisone the psoriasis returns with a vengeance 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 8:20 PM, freester said:

Do you use prednisone to break your cycle? Prednisone will transiently eliminate your psoriasis. Once you stop the prednisone the psoriasis returns with a vengeance 

Steroids suppress immune responses which is why it affects psoriasis and why it can help CH early on as patients wait for their med dosage to work but it has a broad effect. I am very interested in the actual mechanism that skews immune polarization (psoriasis is associated with Th2 profile) in correlation with CH.