Oxygen Mask Question

cromestar

Hello all, thank you so much for the wealth of information I have been consuming. Sorry for the brevity of the post but timing is of the essence…

I was able to get my first script for oxygen. I ordered the non rebreather mask as suggested in many posts but it won’t be arriving here in the mail for a couple more days. 

I realized after just getting an oxygen tank here at my house, with 15 l/m regulator, that they gave me a standard oxygen mask. No bag attached to it. Is this something I still have a chance of using successfully for the time being?

Thank you

.....you could breathe straight from the tube. i find a little awkward but many folks prefer...make sure you are not also inhaling thru nose at same time...

....tape over any and all vent holes...you GOTTA have pure oxygen....

....stick the mask in a bag big enough to hold it and allow some "fillage"....squeeze closed with just a corner open to mash yur face into...breathe then exhale outside the bag...

...experiment with various breathing techniques...many find hyperventilation with intense inhale and crunch (sit up like) exhale to be most effective (start even before the O2) .....slowww breathing works for some (me), as does breathe and hold....try various styles to see which works best for YOU.  sometimes  a combo works best. different cycles may require different styles...

....downing an energy drink or really strong caffeine drink at first sign of a hit made O2 faster and more effective for me...

best

jonathan

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

...be sure to tape over any vent holes that would allow ANY outside air in. some masks have exhale vent holes with latex washers that are supposedly vents to allow exhale. i found them to be PITA leaky and just closed those bad boys off.....did a little lift to exhale. it gets to be a routine that you don't even think about after a while....

...this was funny...i was typing the above as your ? came...

Edited by jon019