chronic cluster headaches triple combo experiment

Ken S.

Vitamin B1, B2 and phosphatidylserine in combo, 400 mg of each a day have reduced my chronic cluster headaches. I am increasing my B1 to 700 mg per day to see if I get even more benefit. I have been doing this for 6 months as my own experiment and have been having less attacks and less pain during attacks. I am on no meds other than Eletriptan and Sumatriptan as needed. I stopped Emgality due to side effects. It was only slightly helpful for me, but is worth a try If you are a severe chronic. I will report again in 6 month. Best of luck to all! 

Edited by Ken S.
better info and organized

Thank you for posting this.  All experiences are valued here, and it's great that you are feeling so good.

There's a long thread about B1 here: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/5417-b1-oral-high-dose-thiamine/, and I think @Bejeeber is, or at least was, taking that phosphatidylserine to keep his memory strong (maybe if I was taking it, I would remember this for sure), but didn't feel like it was helping his CH.  Maybe the combo of the three is doing the trick for you.  I hope it continues, and I hope you'll keep letting us know how it's going.

• Like 2

Gee willikers @CHfather, are you SURE you aren't taking phosphatidylserine, because that is some serious recall you got going on to remember that I do!

I have been taking 200 to 300 mg per day of NOW brand phosphatidylserine for many many years, and I do absolutely swear by it for rescuing my memory from  collapse, but an actual "strong" memory would be a reach,  hasn't exactly been in the cards for me - not particularly my jam. :D 

You also again remember correctly @CHfather that I don't credit it with helping CH.

@Ken S. I see you're going for a full 400mg of the PS along with the B1, B2 for your combo platter - interesting!

• Ken S. changed the title to chronic cluster headaches triple combo experiment