Change in my headaches

mit12

As most of you know I suffer from both migraines and Clusters. For the second time in my life things have changed. The first change was when both my migraines and Clusters changed from being behind the left eye to going to behind my right eye. Typically the pain feels like a rod is being pushed through my eye and it comes out behind my ear. For the last few days it has changed to being both eyes! Although the pain is slightly less in each eye it is in both which is not only very painful but scary. They are coming on like clusters meaning they get real bad for a short time and let up to like a migraine behind both eyes for a short time and another hit and so on for most of the day. My question is have any of you heard of this or have had this kind of thing? The beast is forever changing, the fight goes on! Thanks guys for listening, I am looking forward to your comments.

• Sad 1

Hey Mit,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. It's always scary when pain changes. Not that cluster pain is ever something that we get used to, I think it's more that we come to know what to expect. I have had occasional spikes on the wrong side and it always scares the heck out of me. I have a bad habit of associating everything that has happened prior to an attack as being a pre-curser for the next but normally it's just  the bunny thumping about to shake things up I guess. I wonder if your lingering pain after a CH attack is sorta like severe shadows which I suppose could feel like a migraine? Are you on the D3 regimen? I'm sure you have read about it on here but if your not on on it you may want to give it a go and add some curcumin (ginger +turmeric) to help with the lingering pain. I know my response isn't much help but it's all I got on this one. I hope you get past this sooner than later!!

• Like 1