my third bust

jimmys

happy new year everybody. hope 2012 is PF. i have a question. last night i got hit out of nowhere, o2 didn't work so I had to use 1/2 shot of trex. havent needed it since the convention in sept. my question is can I bust with just that little amount of trex (3mgs) or should I wait the five days? getting hit now, back to the mask. :D

Sorry you're getting hit.   >:(

The ideal wait time everyone recommends is five days.  If you get desperate and have plenty of supply, it won't hurt you to try busting a couple of days earlier.  Either it will work, or it won't.  For me, a bust will work after waiting only three days from the time I used a "blocker". 

imitrex and zomig are triptans ( a tryptamine based drug). it is advised not to take them both within in a 24 hour period. not sure of the side effects but i dont think that they are good...

psilocybin is a tryptamine... in the same family or class of drugs above.

when you look up side effects and precautions of imitrex and zomig it clearly states usually in capital letters that one should not take any ergotamine based medication or another triptan within 24 hours, i believe psilocybin and lsd and even lsa would fall into this category,they all attach to similar receptors, if i am wrong please do correct me.

i know your not using zomig but i used it as an example

i believe that 5 day rule or standard is there for efficacy and your safety

t won't hurt you to try busting a couple of days earlier

it very well could, by having more bouts of ch because imitrex blocked the bust

not to mention if you bust 3 days after imitrex, and it doesnt work. . . your still gonna have to wait 5 days for the next bust. so just wait five days or possibly waste vitamins and end up waiting another couple days for relief

AO

update on bust. i decided to wait the five days so when i got hit the next night i went back to the o2. it didn't work again so i just rocked my way through it until i was able to lie still and fall asleep. funny thing is nothing since then. its been two days pf and i cant help but wonder if the use of the trex the night before caused the the following nights hit. maybe its true, imitrex does prolong this thing. also i really should be out of cycle by this time and have been except for those two nights. huh. PFDAN

Ouch Jimmy!  I hate those hits where nothing works.  Luckily, they are few and far between in my world.

Wait the 5 days, then if you have enough vitamins, take a larger dose.  That seems to really knock my cycle out.  I usually have a rebound the next day, but then a lot of PF time.

Check you PM's and let me know if you need anything.