Oxygen availability

StanK

I can’t seem to find any supplier to fill my oxygen tanks.  Everyone I call including the welding companies say they don’t do it anymore for individual only doctors.  Any suggestions? 

I'm not sure I am understanding this.  Are you asking welding O2 suppliers for medical O2, or welding O2?  It seems 100% impossible to me that welding O2 companies would only be supplying doctors -- that would leave a very huge hole in the economy.  

I have to admit I was a bit confused as to what the ask of welding companies was 2. If you are bringing a tank to be filled with welding O2 and that is the ask, then the problem shouldn't exist. If bringing with the ask of medical grage O2 (virtually one in the same, medical tends to be slightly more pure at 99.5ish while welding is 93 to 95%) then I understand. So first question is what are you asking of the welding companies, medical grade or welding? If asking for medical, I suggest you just ask for regular welding O2. If in fact no welding companies will fill your tanks (seems unlikely) then it's time to start in on your Doc for a script!

• Like 1

Just to follow up a bit more . . . If you have medical tanks (silver), the welding suppliers won't fill them with welding O2.  But of course your medical oxygen supplier would.

If you have welding tanks (green), and you don't tell them it's for medical use, the welding suppliers would be expected to fill them.  If you tell them you want it for a medical use, as I've said they will turn you away.

But maybe we're just not understanding your situation.

Edited by CHfather
  • Like 2