Finally some GOOD news.

Pixie-elf

Today I had my 2 week post-op checkup from the last shunt revision.

My neurosurgeon walked into the room and asked me how things were, and I told him I was healing up SO much better this time, how I'd been doing, etc. He stopped and just looked at me for a minute and said "Wow. The difference is like night and day." and smiled real big! "This is exactly how I like to see you."

So the shunt's working right, I've had some visual changes that we're going to have to look into... But we found out that there's a good chance those are just due to the fact that my optic nerves don't have spinal fluid constantly attempting to crush them anymore. My nearsightedness got worse after the surgery, and generally with PTC/IIH any visual changes for the worse are a sign you could be going blind. So I spent the past week and a half kind of scared shitless. I'm so relieved. Now I do have to go see Opthamology and get a new visual field test done to make sure my blind spots haven't grown. But that's okay.

Now, here's the best news: He told me I get to go on my trip to Chicago in August! :D Kage is paying for all of it, and we're going to be attending one of his cousin's weddings. We're thinking we should attend one wedding each August from now on.

Gonna have to bust later this month, right now I've got a UTI. Went to the ER yesterday because of the pain, wound up getting hit on both sides at ONCE. Caused some pretty bad shunt pain, too.

On the bright side, I'm so thankful I'm not the lady who a doctor LOUDLY was asking

"Did you do any cocaine? Because that could be why your blood pressure is high."

"Oh no."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I didn't do any."

"Because if you did just a little, TINY bit, it could be what's making it so high."

We overhear the strangest shit in the ER, I swear.

I love you guys. <3

Mystina

PHEW that is good news indeed about the shunt now working the way it oughta!  :)

Sorry to hear about the UTI - those must blow, especially when they trigger a both sides CH attack! >:(

FWIW I know some gals who swear by having this very effective sorta stuff containing mannose on hand to take and kill a UTI at the first signs. Kinda like the CH equivalent of using O2 instead of imitrex:

41FKUiLayQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

PHEW that is good news indeed about the shunt now working the way it oughta!  :)

Sorry to hear about the UTI - those must blow, especially when they trigger a both sides CH attack! >:(

FWIW I know some gals who swear by having this very effective sorta stuff containing mannose on hand to take and kill a UTI at the first signs. Kinda like the CH equivalent of using O2 instead of imitrex:

41FKUiLayQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

When we have the money I might have to get some of this and try it... Looks like it helps interstitial cystitis too! :D Thanks for telling me about it! ANYTHING that helps with the IC is good news for me.

At least when I got hit on both sides I was already in the ER, with an IV. They shot me up with Dilaudid, and it knocked it down.

It was SUCH a huge relief seeing my doctor relieved. When your neurosurgeon is worried / concerned, you know something is bad. When he's relieved and brings up "NOW you can go on your trip that you were planning!" you know things have turned around completely! :)