Please Help the Newbie!

brs82

I have searching through the site for about a month now and have decided to try to mushrooms. I have taken everything med. known to man and get no results. I am ready for some relief. I am excited to see their results. I have had CH since I was 15 (now 30) and they are worse now than ever. I am taking Verapamil now and just finished a 12 day dose of perdnisone. I was hoping the perdnisone would end my cycle that I have had since May... but I had a major CH this morning. I had to take an Imitrix shot this morning and usually I takes it right away. This morning it took about 20 min. before I got any relief. I have talked to a bubby of mine and he said mushrooms aren't in season now... where can I get some and how can I go about growing my own! Please Help!!!

Where do you live?

In most states it is perfectly legal to order spores and have them shipped to you. Ralphsters or sporeWorks are both reliable sites to order from. Order B+ or Equador spores for best results.

There is s 3 part clip on youTube called "let's grow mushrooms".

Sorry you are having a rough time. You are at the right place to get help.

Best of luck.

By the way, you will need to detox from verapimil and most other meds to insure the mushrooms will do their magic.

Dan

Having searched around the site, b'82, you probably have noticed that for most people RC (rivea corymbosa) seeds work very well (in most cases as well as or better than shrooms, in some other cases less so).  They are legal (in the US and most other countries) to purchase and possess; preparing and drinking them is unlawful.  If you order seeds today you'll have them in time to use as soon as you have "detoxed" from the trex and pred, assuming that you don't take another trex shot (you should detox from trex for about 5 days).  Dan is correct that you should also "detox" from the verap, although many people have had success detoxing fewer than 5 days from the verap.

You can order seeds from many places.  www.tranceplants.net and www.iamshaman.com are two of them.

Read this file http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290128974, and you should also read other files from the ClusterBuster Files section of the board, including "Playing Well Together" and the "Warnings."  If you decide to start with seeds, let us know.  Moxiegirl's new file is a very sound guide to preparing seeds for consumption: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1357378289/2#2

Now the big thing is the detox period.  You don't mention oxygen -- do you have it?  It's tough to detox without this abortive.  Here's a file about oxygen: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1356823258

There are other things you can do to get relief without using the meds that block busting: energy drinks, for example, and maybe the "Vitamin D3" approach that has helped many people.  Ask, and you shall receive (more information).

Thanks for the sites. I will be ordering the seeds today. I do have oxygen and have taken D3. I take the oxygen while at home and the imitrix while not at home. It takes much longer to get any effect off the oxygen. I recently bought ginkgo, have you had any luck with this herb?

I don't think many people have had luck with the ginkgo. There's a search bar in the upper left part of the page where you can find previous posts about things.  From a quick glance, it appears that for some people ginkgo triggers CH attacks.

There are some suggestions in that oxygen paper I linked you to about how to get better results from O2.  Two short-term things you might try are (1) drinking an energy drink (RedBull, Monster, 5-Hour, etc), or at least a strong cup of coffee, just before you start on the O2; and (2) replacing the current reservoir bag on your mask with an unscented turkey bag or garbage bag -- creates less interruption to the flow of O2, so you might be able to breathe more deeply, or at least with less interruptions.

Many people, of course, have multiple O2 tanks in different sizes -- bigger ones for home, more portable ones for car/work.

I'd say you might order 150 or 200 seeds, since they're not so expensive and you'd rather have enough than run out.