So hi. Clutching my head on day 3 and here I am...

Amphs

bwe', I'm glad you found us.  You might want to consider starting a new thread and telling us a bit more . . . what medications you're taking, for example.

There are other headache conditions that are somewhat similar to CH.  You ought to get diagnosed by a competent neurologist.  Your best bet for finding one of those is at a headache center.  If your attacks are continuous for several hours (or throughout the day, as you say), it's possible that you might have something other than CH (such as hemicrania continua, which you can read more about here: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hemicrania_continua/hemicrania_continua.htm).  Treatments that work for CH might not work for other conditions, and vice versa (hemicrania continua, for example, is often treated effectively with a medication called indomethacin, but indomethacin usually does very little for CH).

If you do have CH . . . .

1. It doesn't sound like you have oxygen.  If not, that should be something you deal with right away.  You might take a look at the CB Oxygen Page under the black and white MENU tab on the left side of the page.

2. Also, you might try drinking an energy shot or energy drink, or at least a strong cup of coffee, at the first sign of an attack.  That helps a lot of people, and for most people it does not keep them awake even in the middle of the night.

3. And seriously consider the vitamin D3 protocol that has helped lots of people.  Read about it here: https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314134804

Others will have other suggestions, but I think most would agree that you need to get a good diagnosis.