Melatonin

Cory68

Question:  I started my husband on the vitamin anti-inflammatory doses, and the melatonin.  However, I just read the bottle and it said that he shouldn't be taking melatonin with blood pressure meds.  Does anyone know the effects and if they are harmful?  I appreciate any information.

Hi Cory,

I don't know about the blood pressure meds, but if it is leaving him sleepy in the mornings I would discontinue the Melatonin. A lot of us take 10-20mg per night without feeling groggy the next day. For now, I would just do the D3. Is he noticing any relief from it yet? It can take a few weeks and then eliminate the hits for some and reduce the level of pain for others.

ATB

Might try taking it earlier in the evening. I was on a medicine a few years ago that left me feeling groggy in the morning, and doc said to take it around 8pm instead of just before bed, and that way the effects completely wore off before I woke up.

In regards to the interaction with blood pressure meds - I'd Goggle it. 

MG

He is....noticing....a difference...I am writing all of it down for him....sooo he started this cycle much worse than in the past.  He never had a few a day...it was normally one....and this year, he noticed pain tolerance was low...or they were more intense....He started a two weeks ago....and this past week they were less intense, and for the past two days...he has only had one....we shall see....his drs. appointment is Thursday so I will make them test his blood levels...

Sounds like the D3 is working well for him! :)  So glad to read that. For some it is gradual over some weeks to attain PF status. For others, it provides a significient reduction in severity and number of hits. It is great that you are getting his levels checked. I really hope this takes him to the PF status!!!!!