Continued Headache

Cory68

Question:  has anyone ever had a continued headache....after a cluster headache episode in one day...that just didn't go away....continued with a pulse and nasal passage still blocked....this unusual for my husband, Pete.  This is the first time he ever had a cluster come out, take the meds....and continue feeling of stuffiness?  Let me know....I don't know what to tell him take...if he should take an allergy med, regular naproxen, or his cluster headache meds.

Remind us again what cluster meds he has?

Does he suffer with other types of headaches (normal ones, migraines, sinus headaches, etc.)? Headaches can sometimes trigger headaches. 

Traditionally, a cluster tops out at about 3 hours, but I have heard of them going longer, and I've had cluster like symptoms, although not at 100% intensity for longer periods than that. But I may not be the best person to measure by, as I have so many other types of headaches, can be difficult to tell them apart sometimes. 

MG's First Rule of Cluster Headaches: No two cluster sufferers are the same, and just as soon as you figure your clusters out, they change. 

MG

Since it is the allergy season for many. I would go for an allergy pill to see if it opens his sinuses, It would not hurt and may very well help. Some people are now adding Benedryl to the D3 due to allergies and getting positive results.

I hope that he is doing better now. Being stuffed up is annoying and the pressure can hurt!

• Like 1

I know I'm late to this party, but could it be an elongated shadow? Like, with as bad as pollen season is around all over, it might be that...

Also I know for myself, that if I have a stuffed up nose, my head is going to RAGE.... So you might get some 4way nasal spray and try that on him. Sometimes it helps some people as it's a vasoconstrictor too.. I saw that tip a long long time ago, in a far away land, known as the CH.org forum. LOL. Some people attempted to abort with it if I remember correctly.... Just don't overuse it or you'll get a nasty set of rebound sinus congestion!

• Like 1