Hope this hell ends soon

Matt Greentrees

I don't know how I'm going to survive these 5 days of imitrex detox. My last injection was 2am Wednesday . I have had 2-3 attacks a day with shadow pain and nausea constantly. I'm trying to fight through theses 5 days of detox with the use of Advil and heating pads. I'm having a tough time but plan to never use imitrex again. I'm going to eat some cubes on Tuesday. Do I have to worry about eating them while going through a attack? 

Yes you are in a bad place

i ve never eaten whilst in cycle so cant answer but i do believe you run the risk of rebound headaches

i believe it could take a few hits to break a cycle and you may have a rough time doing so

but dont give in

now in future DO NOT LET A CYCLE START BUST AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN

personally i bust every 4-6 weeks and since i started about 4 years ago i havnt had one single headache

it has saved me at least 3 cycles so i pray to the god that is phylicybin

best wishes

This is very courageous of you.  It will pay off.  Why are you waiting until Tuesday morning? Five days from 2am on Wednesday would be Monday morning at 2am.

I don't think most people would recommend ingesting while you're having an attack.  It does sometimes happen that people get attacks after ingesting.  Not much you can do except ride that out.  There's always a danger of what are called slapbacks -- attacks after a dose that can be stronger or at different times than usual, or both.  And it's not likely that one dose is going to end your cycle, although sometimes it does.

Why don't you have oxygen (as a side note, I have to say it breaks my heart every time I have to ask this question)?  Do you also not have a pharma preventive such as verapamil?  Are you doing the D3 regimen?  You probably should be.

Have you tried an energy shot such as 5-Hour Energy at the first sign of an attack?  Often it will reduce the severity or sometimes even abort.  Some people find that standing with their feet in very hot bathwater helps abort an attack.  Melatonin taken at night, starting at about 9mg and working up, can reduce attacks and attack severity for some people.

Wishing you the best.

Thank you for your replies. CHfather I do not have o2 or anything other then imitrex and that's because of lack of prior knowledge. I just found this website and am learning a ton. I do have plenty of o2 available but no breathing mask. I'm a glass blower and have a tank of liquid o2 in my shop. I plan to take a 2.5g dose the first time and understand I should repeat at a lower dose   every 5 days until I remain pain free then again every 3 to 4 months or as soon as first signs of a returning attack. Is this correct. And if that works do you still recommend d3 regimen

1 hour ago, Matt Greentrees said:

Thank you for your replies. CHfather I do not have o2 or anything other then imitrex and that's because of lack of prior knowledge. I just found this website and am learning a ton. I do have plenty of o2 available but no breathing mask. I'm a glass blower and have a tank of liquid o2 in my shop. I plan to take a 2.5g dose the first time and understand I should repeat at a lower dose   every 5 days until I remain pain free then again every 3 to 4 months or as soon as first signs of a returning attack. Is this correct. And if that works do you still recommend d3 regimen

You  neeed a non rebreather mask im sure someone can provide a linkalso you can use a big tank reasonably quickly so have a spare as nothing worse than running out.saying that i once couldn't of imagined not using 02 and imitrex i truly havnt needed either since using the magic

obviously i could be lucky

as for dose size well that depends on how much you enjoy tripping 1.5 gr seems to be about the amount at least needed if you want more go for it

i don't believe you need to lower on next doses you carry on as you please 

you ll find it much much easier to prevent a cycle  even starting than stopping one thats started

I've never known of anyone to use liquid oxygen.  I do know that a lot of people use oxygen gas for glass blowing, and I think that would be the same as welding oxygen.  Obviously, you want oxygen of a high purity level for inhaling.  If you have a regulator, what you want is a non-rebreather mask.  They are very inexpensive.  There is a better mask, made for people with CH, but frankly if you can get a non-rebreather mask right away -- if you're a member at amazon prime, for example --  I would try that.  This one looks fine to me: https://www.amazon.com/Medsource-No-Model-Non-Rebreather-Oxygen/dp/B004Z8V47G/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1499034891&sr=8-1&keywords=non-rebreather+mask

I love Twisted-Melon's posts . . . and I think his advice here about dosage is good.  But not everyone, including very dedicated busters, has had the success he has had.  In my view, you should definitely start the D3 regimen, and look into a pharma preventive.  Verapamil doesn't seem to interfere with busting, although it was believed at one time that it did.

• Like 1

One more day before I bust. Lastnight was not a bad night. I still have a constant headache but no cluster and I can't even tell you how happy I was to wake up and realize I made it through the night without wishing I was dead. 

Liquid o2 is the same as what welders use but is stored in a liquid state. It's more of a high volume low pressure tank. I'm ordering a mask today. The only regulator I have is a standard welding type regulator that allows you to adjust the psi but not lpm.  I assume I'll need one made for lpm not just psi. 

1 hour ago, Matt Greentrees said:

The only regulator I have is a standard welding type regulator that allows you to adjust the psi but not lpm.  I assume I'll need one made for lpm not just psi. 

I'm taking your word for it on the liquid oxygen -- just something I know nothing about.

Lots of people use welding regulators without lpm indicators.  They just play with the settings a little until they get a flow rate that's right for them.  What you want is for the reservoir bag on your mask to fill up while you're exhaling, so you don't have to wait for your next inhale.  Everyone finds the breathing method/rhythm that works best for them, often different rhythms for different parts of the attack.  Generally, you want to get as much room air as possible out of your lungs before your first inhale (and you should have already drunk down  some coffee or a 5-Hour Energy), inhale deeply, hold it in your lungs for a moment, then exhale strongly . . .  The flow of the O2 should allow you to use a rhythm something like that, with the bag always being full of O2 when you are ready for your next breath.

The mask: (1) the tubing is made for a barbed fitting, which you don't typically have on a welding setup.  Some welding regs come with an adapter for that.  You can buy an adapter at a hardware store or online. I guess some people can kluge together some way to get the mask tubing onto a typical welding outlet; (2) if there are open holes in the mask (a circle of little holes) cover them up with your thumb or tape, so you get as little room air as possible when you are inhaling; (3) don't use the strap to hold it to your face.