Welding 0xygen info

Boatman

I just want to let people like me who have a hard time getting oxygen for ch threw drs that ive been using welding 02 with good results. Its quite easy to find small tanks on letgo app and also craigslist. My welding oxygen supplier told me that he can fill steel tanks under 120cuft without any papperwork. The 200cuft tanks require a bill of sale from the owner.  All medical tanks u buy on letgo or craigs need a script for him to fill. For me its easy to get a  script but not easy for insurance to cover the amount of tanks you will go through they limited me to only a few small tanks a month. My m60 only last about 4 to 5 ch. So i use it to travel and keep in my truck at work. Its 15$ to fill. Oxygen reg. Can be found on letgo too. This is just my 2 cents for someone having trouble getting 02 it could get you buy till you figure out a way for medical coveraged 02.  

Somewhat i use a welding 02 reg.. i can quickly adjust flow. Somtimes i find just taking 02 from the hose is better because the mask touches my nose near my eye an can really hurt during a ch. The mask works better when the pain is tolerable an im just getting rid of the spikes in my eye. Ill blow the cold 02 at my eye because its in my garage and the cold air feels soothing or its distracting me from how much it hurts. Im not one for sitting there breathing 02 for more then a couple min.. when i use the hose i breathe in and push the air out the ch side thats plugged until its clear and that works best for me.. somtimes i use the Wim Hof breathing to stop them. 

Well I have come on here to have some where to send patients I deal with to go, welding O2 this is crazy to read I shudder to think what oils and other contaminants are going in to your body, there are strict rules and testing in place for medical oxygen for a reason, is it that bad in the states to get O2 bottles as I'm in the UK the NHS supply it on prescription (it's also a controlled drug over in the UK) 

G'mornin Big Mack

I shudder to think about what my life would be like if welding oxygen wasn't an option! Unfortunately, here in the US we don't have a NHS and since Medicare doesn't recognize O2 as an effective treatment for clusters many private insurers follow suit.

I've been using welding oxygen for 10+ years with no ill effects.....both medical and welding oxygen comes out of the same faucet, the difference is that medical tanks are vacuumed prior to being refilled while they just give welding bottles a sniff test for acetylene cross contamination.

Dallas Denny

Getting people to believe that oxygen works in the UK has been a struggle I've been in my job for 9 years roughly and it's good to see it being more recognised as a treatment but still some Dr's refuse to prescribe it, know one of the top neurology doctors over here has started championing oxygen therapy 

Thanks Dallas, and Big Mack

Welding 02 as told by the owner of the welding supply co says its the same 02. He also fills medical 02. Also oils and contaminents are strictly avoided with 02. Once this year when my cycle started i had to take it off the torch head because i had no mask or anything while at work. It worked so much better then the "dr perscibed 15lmp reg" that was give to me..Real smart ch dr knows more then 15lpm is needed. i got my own welding 02 reg and the hose i use is a nose canula thing they gave me with my shitty 15lpm reg from the medical delivery company.. The nose hose i call it works good for me when i hold it in my mouth but i dnt recomend any other hoses because if u close down on a hose with your mouth its too much and can hurt your lungs. Thats just my 2 cents. And 02 wasnt hard to get covered, they just used some shitty formula that only allowed me a couple tanks a month. And i still was paying 14 a month copay. The worst is they couldnt bring me M tanks only E and D.. and they wernt reliable when they said they would come. They even told me i was going to have to pay them over 1000$ for the extra 02 they delivered. I payed them 3yrs of copay under my insurance without getting 02 because im episodic.. So i had them come get all of their tanks i had enough of thier crap. The welding tanks are fine for me.. 3 months now and no sickness whatsoever..Its less stress dealing with morons about everything from reg size to when and what size tanks.. America is a great country unfortunatly insurance companys and drs dont always have whats best for us in mind.