According to the FDA there is a shortage (unavailability, really) of verapamil ER in the U.S.   The manufacturer stopped making it recently, I think in February 2019.  It looks like it is not available in any strength.

This has been a miracle drug for me for cluster and I've run out and am now having a bad time.  I'm going to have to try replacing it with regular verapamil.  Does anyone know if there is a way to ask FDA to get verapamil ER made by another company, maybe as an orphan drug?

Generally, verap ER is considered to be less effective for CH than the immediate release type. I have looked for medical citations about that (I know I've seen one), but it is "common wisdom" here, often discussed.  So I'd urge you to give that a try.  Looking around the internet, it seems that there are online pharmacies selling verap er at increased prices because of the shortage: e.g., https://www.healthwarehouse.com/verapamil-240mg-er-capsules.html

Thanks for the info.  I've checked with a couple of online pharmacies, one in particular - they show the product on their pages, but when I called they were all out.  (And if one did happen to have some, they wouldn't be able to get more after they run out.)

In the past I tried the quick release version.  In my case, ER worked better.  I guess I'll have to revisit the non-ER product.