new to the site need advice please

rhizz

hi

i was diagnose with ch by my gp about 2 and a half years ago i am 23 in december 

when i was diagnosed he just give me normal paracetimol (absolutly useless man) anyway i suffered the pain till my cycle ended

in october i started getting them again im at a new gp now and i think there starting to understand, they've organised my MRI and will start sorting things properly after that.

since october they have changed slighty they dont come on sudenly like they used to i ussually get an inkling one is on it way. but i seem to wkae up and spend all day everyday with a constant small pressure behind my eye like an attack except its not painfull enough to take meds so its a constant weight i'll get an attack possibly twice a day at around 11am and 9pm

at the new gp they prescribed me 50mg of sumultrapan because im underweight i then begged to get stronger ones i now have 100 mg, but these dont seem to have to much of an effect anymore. i was given the imigran nasal spray but only 2 doses i went back today and he said he doesnt want me taken to much of the stuff so he's given me the sumultrapan tablets again and amitriptyline an antidepresent but only at 10 mg. i have been suffering a bit of depression recently especially since my cycle restarted. i hope this new tablet will help i've taken 2 100 mg sumultrapan in the 2/3 hours and its not helping.

i mentioned oxygen treatment but he pushed that idea out the winder very fast.

im hoping to see a nurologist soon after my mri hopefully he can help.

does anyone else have the lingering pressure ?

HI, don't wait for the o2. You can get it at a welding shop,can get the regulator on ebay and the mask here at the o2 store located up on the left side of your screen that says menu.it will be your new best friend, read everything here and educate yourself, you can help yourself more and faster than the doctors.Ask questions the folks here understand and know what it is you feel,unless the doctors have this they cant even begin to understand the pain and hopeless feelings we have until we help ourselves.Pain free wishes and  lots of luck.   Adam

Hi rhizz,

There's a lot you can learn here that you'll find helpful. You're getting a good start by making an appointment to see a Neurologist. If possible, find one that specializes in headaches, perhaps at a headache clinic. Your GP is incorrectly advising you on the use of oxygen. It must be used correctly but provides more benefit to more CH sufferers than any other treatment.

Educate yourself both on this site (you might start with the ClusterBuster Files) and on our sister site http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard2/index.html. Please feel free to ask questions about anything you're not clear on. You won't believe how much more you know about your headaches and how to treat them tomorrow than you do today. Good luck and welcome to ClusterBusters.

Ron

p.s. - Happy Birthday This isnt fair!!!

thank you very much for your responce i have loads of questions lol

its amazing to find a community, for two years i felt alone (i know it sounds stupid) but the docs gave me no advise and after 2 years i finally came across a group of people i can actually relate to.

my first question i would ask is do you have an experience with amitriptyline as i have 2 babys boys i would not want any drug to effect my family life anymore then the headaches do :-(

i hope the same to you and thank you again