What is normal between cycles?

igdc

I had my CH first cycle from September to January. Full-blown, debilitating attacks about five times each day (some much worse than others). I was diagnosed in mid-November, started medicines and that made a big difference. It tapered off, and I haven't had a full-blown one or series of headaches since.

BUT... I am getting what my doctor says are "shadows." I can feel it starting in my jaw and moving up my face. My cheek starts drooping a bit. It is the sensation, but it's not the real thing. Like maybe 1-2 on a 10-pt scale. Then it goes away in 10-15 mins. This is maybe 0-5 times a day.

Does this happen to you, too? Will this go on until my next cycle? Is this a sign that something is coming soon (or maybe the last cycle didn't really end)? I have migraines, as well, and shadows or false-starts are common. I usually don't take meds for those unless they really get started. I've never found a pattern or meaning in those. They just happen. Is it the same for CH?

Thanks.

...a doc that knows about shadows is somewhat remarkable and a good sign...many physicians have NO clue on CH period...

....not gonna be able to help with your question....we're all different and you will only know through experience...in my case it changed, at one point (ECH) a shadow was an ill omen  always predictive of a full hit...later (CCH) just a 'bother" that I got used to (no choice...sometimes constant, not predictive, relatively "mild" and unresponsive to O2 and energy drinks) On occasion naproxen (Aleve) was helpful....

best

jonathan

• Like 3