Baclofen

SoCalCH

Took some Baclofen a couple nights ago for neck tightness and noticed that my nighttime hits were less severe and more easily done away with. Some were gone by the time I walked from my bedroom to my office where I keep my oxygen set up. Last night I took 20 mgs Baclofen before bed and slept through the night for the first time since my cycle started (other than busting nights). Has anyone else here tried/had any success with Baclofen? I see at least one small study that showed results. 

Update on this in case it ever helps anyone. After taking baclofen for a couple nights I actually got a few pain free nights without any form of medication. Two nights ago I was back to my usual number of hits which I attribute to using some cannabis before bed. Last night I again used 20mg baclofen and slept for 11 hours pain free. Woke up with very minor headache aborted in ~5-10 minutes with oxygen and energy drink. Likely will use the baclofen through the weekend and try to go without starting Sunday night to see if I can get back to PF with no drugs. 

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Baclofen has been mentioned before.  I did a little looking around, and it seems that dosage (based on a small 2001 study), should be 15 to 30 mg per day, in three divided doses.  A report said that baclofen "is quite safe when started at a low dose and built upward."  (https://www.proquest.com/openview/1b8c7ab0317bbe4c7e9eac6b49072a14/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=4402921)

This one -- https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpain.2023.1265540/full -- says, "The most common side effects of baclofen are dizziness, ataxia, muscle weakness, and drowsiness."

A document about CH treatment in general said, "Pizotifen, levetiracetam, gabapentin, baclofen, intranasal capsaicin, and melatonin have been shown to be effective in small studies and can therefore be considered as a third-line option in refractory patients."

If you do try the baclofen, please let us know how it turns out for you.