Interesting and informative

The following article touches on many different topics that are you may fiond interesting.

There seems to be an increasing pushback on anti-depressants – thereÂ’s reason to believe that most of their effect is a gigantic placebo phenomenon,  thereÂ’s reason to believe they screw up your brain, and thereÂ’s also reason to believe the ‘chemical imbalanceÂ’ theory of depression has never been proven. This is a review of several recent books that are critical of the pharmaceutical industry:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011/jun/23/epidemic-mental-illness-why/

Not that I wanted to post this to take a shot at the Pharma industry, but there is intersting stuff here including how the brain/neurotransmitters work and a little about how new drugs come to market. Both things that are important here.

Enjoy, and try not to let it depress you... ;-)

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Quelle surprise.

I am not sophisticated enough with computers to do this, but if you go to Alternet.org they have reprinted an article from I think Mother Jones that is all about how literally wonderful psyolocibin is, based on that recently completed study at Hopkins.

Its nothing we don't all know, but its interesting and edifying to see it discussed in mass distribution print. Or semi-mass distribution, since only goddamn hippies read Mother Jones anyway. ;)