So, I am an idiot...

Booked our airline tickets, got the time off work, and booked the hotel room, all without doing as much research as I probably should have.

I got a great price on the airline, flying from Mesa, AZ straight to what I thought was Chicago. As it turns out, we are actually going to be flying into Rockford/Chicago, which I naively assumed was the same as Chicago.

So, long story short...we are landing in Rockford on the 15th and will have to commute to the conference. It appears that I will be about 70 miles away from the hotel? I am assuming that the airport shuttle isn't going to take us (or will they :) )

For for those who may know, what would be the best way to get there? Car rental? Train? Horsedrawn buggy? Is anyone else going to be landing at that airport?

Any info would be appreciated! I am pumped!

Here's one data point . . . If I'm reading this right, it says under the "Fares" tab that it's $20 one way for the hour-and-a-half trip from Rockford to O'Hare.  http://www.coachusa.com/vangalder/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=Rockford&s1=IL&c2=Chicago+O%27Hare+Airport&s2=IL&resultId=2222&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=&cbid=962196355703

Of course, you then have to get from O'Hare to the hotel . . .