New to CH and Oxygen usage

Raincheck

My neurologist ordered me a machine  (not a tank) with a maximum capability of 10lpm but a script of only 6lmp.

I'm not sure this is sufficient enough to abort, can you give me your experience with this please or a method to maximize this device to get the most out of it?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Well it sounds like they gave you an oxygenator ( a machine that pulls in outside air not pure o2 ) 10lpm wont help a cluster head out much and I don't know that you can retrofit this machine).. Maybe some of the more versed on here know if it's possible. I suppose it's better than noda but not real sure how much. Maybe ask your Doc for an 02 tank script. Seems possible if they scripted you a machine? Anyhow Lloyd maybe tell us a bit more about yourself. What you take as a prevent, what you were diagnosed with what you have done in the past to skirt the beast etc. You will need pure 02 with the ability/regulator to increase 02 to a minimum of 15 to 20 LPM. Lots of resources on here for that.  Sorry you are not well! Respond when you can with better detail.

• Like 3

What you can do is affected by what your doctor actually wrote.  It would be rare for a doctor to specifically prescribe an "oxygenator" (also referred to as a concentrator); it's more likely that the prescription just said something about O2 therapy, and your oxygen supply company sent you a concentrator, which is what they send to their typical customers (people with COPD).  In any event, first step might be to assume that the doc's prescription was general, and call the oxygen supply company to discuss your CH situation (I have had to do this twice, with two different oxygen companies in two different locations).  Of course, if the doc actually prescribed a concentrator, you have to get it corrected there.  If either the O2 company or the doc is the source of this problem,  and won't reconsider, there is literature you can show them about the proper prescription. 

Did you get a nonrebreather mask, or just those things that go in your nose (cannula)? 

Some people when first using O2 get relief from concentrator/10lpm (with nonrebreather mask).  If you are actually unable to get tanks and a non-rebreather mask, though, you'll probably want to do some DYI and set up a system using welding oxygen.

• Like 3