Just Diagnosed - scared and have questions

Baby Moth

Thank you - I still don't have the correct items, but hoping to soon (most likely Tuesday) and I am going to ask for a script for some smaller portable tanks. I had to get a new PCP b/c the one I was working with has been downright awful. She thinks I'm just having "headaches" and has messed up my request twice now. 

Question: Is it part of CHs to have headaches / head pain / pressure all day? I feel pressure behind my eye and in my eyebrow and sometimes below in by cheek bone area. I feel like I could almost handle the attack knowing it will end for a while, but this consistent pressure and pain (with spikes throughout the day), is really wearing me down. 

Thanks again for all your help. It really means so much 

49 minutes ago, Baby Moth said:

Is it part of CHs to have headaches / head pain / pressure all day? I feel pressure behind my eye and in my eyebrow and sometimes below in by cheek bone area. I feel like I could almost handle the attack knowing it will end for a while, but this consistent pressure and pain (with spikes throughout the day), is really wearing me down. 

In your first post you mentioned that you have had all-day headaches, with spikes.  We kind of ignored that, but as you raise this I think you might want to consider the possibility that you might have a CH "lookalike" condition, some form of hemicrania.  Hemicranias typically do not respond well to oxygen or triptans, but I gather that you have not really tried either one yet.  You don't really fit into any of the specific hemicrania categories, but you can see the symptoms of one type here: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/health-information/disorders/hemicrania-continua#:~:text=What is hemicrania continua%3F,both sides of the head.

It could be/is most likely that you have CH and you are experiencing what are called "shadows," but what you describe seems like it might be more than shadows.  In the document I keep urging you to read -- https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/ -- there is a discussion of shadows and things you might do to alleviate them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CHfather said:

In your first post you mentioned that you have had all-day headaches, with spikes.  We kind of ignored that, but as you raise this I think you might want to consider the possibility that you might have a CH "lookalike" condition, some form of hemicrania.  Hemicranias typically do not respond well to oxygen or triptans, but I gather that you have not really tried either one yet.  You don't really fit into any of the specific hemicrania categories, but you can see the symptoms of one type here: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/health-information/disorders/hemicrania-continua#:~:text=What is hemicrania continua%3F,both sides of the head.

It could be/is most likely that you have CH and you are experiencing what are called "shadows," but what you describe seems like it might be more than shadows.  In the document I keep urging you to read -- https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/ -- there is a discussion of shadows and things you might do to alleviate them.

Hi - Thank you. Yes, I've read that a few times. I tried ginger yesterday and today I'll try one of the other ones. I'm also getting together the D3 regimen and started taking most of them yesterday and all of the vitamins today (in some form, I don't have it exact yet). It's a very helpful article <3 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baby Moth said:

Hi - Thank you. Yes, I've read that a few times. I tried ginger yesterday and today I'll try one of the other ones. I'm also getting together the D3 regimen and started taking most of them yesterday and all of the vitamins today (in some form, I don't have it exact yet). It's a very helpful article <3 

Hmm not great lol - I don't know if that's what it is either. I appreciate you sending. 

• Like 1

From a ladies perspective not sure which you are but suppose it matters not. I use just the breathing tube at work. No messing up the makeup and what not. No mask outlines on the face etc.. when I'm home I use the over the nose and mouth mask as it seems to help me abort quicker although I am still at the hit and miss phase of the 02. .. I've tried lots of methods but have still yet to hone it in. Nothing wrong with that I suspect.  Afterall it takes time and effort to get things rt. I'm really hoping you stick around a while because being here has helped me so much and I want that for others. You included..

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

From a ladies perspective not sure which you are but suppose it matters not. I use just the breathing tube at work. No messing up the makeup and what not. No mask outlines on the face etc.. when I'm home I use the over the nose and mouth mask as it seems to help me abort quicker although I am still at the hit and miss phase of the 02. .. I've tried lots of methods but have still yet to hone it in. Nothing wrong with that I suspect.  Afterall it takes time and effort to get things rt. I'm really hoping you stick around a while because being here has helped me so much and I want that for others. You included..

Yes, I actually haven't used it for an attack yet (last one was on Thursday) but have practiced with it a few times. I hope that it helps as an abortive. Yes I plan to stick around : ) this forum is the most help I've received for this disorder yet. 

Do you all know how I find the support group? 

27 minutes ago, Baby Moth said:

Yes, I actually haven't used it for an attack yet (last one was on Thursday) but have practiced with it a few times. I hope that it helps as an abortive. Yes I plan to sick around : ) this forum is the most help I've received for this disorder yet. 

Do you all know how I find the support group? 

I found it <3 

• Like 2