Micro-burst Clusters anyone?

Hi everyone,

I have pretty much shut down my cluster headaches with shrooms and seeds. My last full-on cluster headache was several years ago. But, ever since then, about once a month or every other month, I get this weird headache that I’ve never found a diagnosis for that I’m now calling a Micro-burst Cluster. 

These clusters last less than 5 minutes, usually less than a minute. 10-30 seconds, sometimes a full minute, sometimes a bit longer. But they aren’t Ice Pick headaches. Those feel completely different. 

The reason I think these are cluster-like is because they are one sided, usually in or just above the eye, are ultra intense and the after effects are the same as a cluster. Feeling wiped out, body temperature swings, emotionally drained, post-cluster headache, etc. It can often take me an hour or two to recover from one of these 10 second headaches. They seem to tick all the cluster boxes apart from meeting the 15 minuted - 3 hour duration part. They even strike me completely out of the blue with no warning. 

When I mention them to the professional headache community, I never get a response. They don’t see resemble any known headache type. 

So, I’m curious if anyone else has experienced something like this.

Mox

Posted (edited)

hiya Mox...good to hear from you...very happy for your success!

...yup, that is exactly what happened to me on about 3-4 cycles over 30+ yrs. the first time i was sure i was dead with a stroke. 0-10-0 in 1-2 minutes. took me to my knees. once i knew i wasn't dieing i wished for that kind of cycle every time....quick and gone and get this shit out of the way fast. the difference for me was no other CH symptoms, except maybe the mental/physical fatigue intense pain causes.

...i dunno what SUNCT is so can't comment there. didn't seem to me a different HA type, same tho more intense pain, in exactly same spots...just a different presentation of CH...

best

j

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

I didn’t even think about SUNCT. Good call. 

here is a brief description of them. 

SUNCT (also known as Short-lasting, Unilateral, Neuralgiform headache attacks with Conjunctival injection and Tearing) is a rare form of headache that is marked by bursts of moderate to severe burning, piercing, or throbbing pain, usually on one side of the head and around the eye or temple. The pain usually peaks within seconds of onset and may follow a pattern of increasing and decreasing intensity.