Post cycle (?) shadows

victorp

Hi everyone!

My cycle was from mid-April to mid-June this year, and while the last attack was a month ago, I still have shadows daily and almost non-stop. My shadows are a pain in the neck that is followed by face swelling on the side of an attack. So, now, I have a swelling that lasts 30 minutes to one hour, then it goes away for 30 mins, then it comes up again, and so on. It’s not that painful, but it annoys me a lot and affects my mood and work. 

To address the issue, my doctor initially prescribed me Cymbalta 30mg, which I took for 3 weeks with little to no effect, and the dose was raised to 60 mg this week.

Has anyone faced a similar pattern? What are your thoughts on Cymbalta? And should I even call the cycle over, given the persisting shadows?

To give you some color, I had CH for 15 years but got diagnosed correctly only this year in Turkey. I appreciate my doc a lot, but 1) some of our communication is getting lost in translation, and 2) I got prescribed only 6-8l of oxygen(vs 15 recommended here) and rizatriptan (vs sumatriptan), which may or may not suggest that the doc has outdated info on what works more efficiently.

PS. I am a newbie here, and would like to thank all the contributors! I learned a lot from you guys over the last few days .

Thank you!
Victor

Hi @victorp, really sorry you had to find us here, but it's the best place to learn about this sh_t disease!!!!, sorry to hear it took so long to get your diagnosis but that is usual, you should be able to buy a regulator to up your O2 to 15L/PM, as for your shadows have you tried Ginger. A lot of us use it, you can get it in lots of different forms, Candy, tea, tablet, it seems to work for a lot of use 

• Like 1

To be sure I'm understanding what's meant by "shadows," you mean essentially sensations that ordinarily announce the onset of an attack, or what often persists after an attack has backed down? If so, that's certainly what I've experienced for most of this week. It's like just enough to keep me from a rash thought such as "hey, maybe it's over". To be sure, even though several days have passed without full-throttle pain, I frequently get close ... so there's a gradation. And I mean, sure, there's a huge difference between agony and discomfort, but it can stop any time now!

thanks @Shaun brearley! Started drinking ginger tea last week and already feel a little better! 

@JMK I hope your cycle is ending now! I have the same feeling like when an attack starts, but it doesn't develop into an actual attack. As I mentioned above, the last full blown attack was a month ago, but I still keep receiving these false alarms numerous times daily. All my prior cycles ended with the last attack and I never experienced such after effects before. 

• Like 2

The thing about ginger tea is (in my opinion anyway) it can be classified in the highly enjoyable beverage category. :)

Versus other teas It also really raises my temperature and makes me think "it suddenly got hot in this room!", which hey, might come in handy for some of our mid southern hemisphere folk right around now.