Enter the Jeebs-Jibulator! Behind eye pain relief?

Bejeeber

After seeing Beast Buster's vibration technique for CH pain relief from the the lower branch of the trigeminal nerve I'm inspired to share my mid trigeminal CH reliever technique, although it may be a bit much to ask to get Potter on board with 2 of these in a row...

I mainly experience CH centered in the mid trigeminal branch - the 'ol nuclear pinging right behind the cue ball eyeball. Once while up at 3 AM after a partial abort of a high cycle whopper wake up hit, I was sitting in a daze with my head in my hands, unconsciously pressing/rubbing what felt like a nerve ending spot on the the top of my eyeball (eyelid closed of course, eye "looking" downwards).

The pain went entirely away to my surprise. I repeated this several times on subsequent days, was able to squelch shadows and lingering after hit pain, and like BeastBuster with his vibration technique for the lower trigeminal area, I think also potentially diminish the severity of a given full on attack.

It's a weird thing to do when experiencing a CH hit because there is a temporary additional pain when finding the nerve or whatever it is, then pressing that spot while rapidly vibrating the finger, sorta like they do with reflexology. Also there can be a deep, creepy kind of "itch" feeling along that "nerve" when the bullseye has been hit.

I think I'll dub my shadow killer technique the Jeebs-Jibulator.....um unless someone can think of a better name. :D

To recap: the jeebs-jibulator in a nutshell:

Guinea Pigs welcome - pay is lousy.

Both the ol ladies buzz toy and the finger in the eye work as distractions.  As soon as the headache( I never give the headache a name for it would then have substance.) recognizes the pattern it morphs itself and neither will work after a time. 

Potter

I sometimes put the vibrator on my eye like that and i feel that really strange itchy feeling. But it does seem to help. My clusters tho are mainly painful around my sinus then my eyeball. But you should try a vibrator instead of your finger. (haha that could be taken out of context in a very perverted way...thats what she said)

Haha Yea I am posting that on my profile. I have some other good news. My mother has suffered from migraines for over 25 years, and they sometimes get bad enough where she goes to the er. Well she called me an hour and a half ago requesting that I take her. In the past few weeks I have mentioned the busting technique and told her she should try it since I have read they are successful with Migraines as well. Well I told her to please try vitamin M, she agreed. I took her a few tiny pieces and gave her one to put under her tongue(SPUT). I just called her an hour later and she said it helped and stopped the migraine. And this was with her already taking two Imitrex today. So i told her imagine how well it would work if she had not taken imitrex. I just wanted to share the good news with everyone. Thanks to this site, not only am i able to help myself but also i am able to help others.

Thanks alleyoop. To top off the good news I called her(my mom) back a little while ago and asked her to rate how well it worked on a scale of 1-10. Her response: "100!!!" I am so excited that I am able to help her after 25 plus years of suffering from almost daily migraines. She is so relieved. Her only concern is that she is a nurse and wonders if that would show up on a drug test. From my research there should be no reason for her to worry about that, but does any one have any advice on that?

BeastBuster

It would seem migrainers are even more sensitive to M than us CHers, I think hipshot reported his wife getting relief just from preparing it for him. Your Mom may need much less to get good results and the half life is pretty short with M so busting on friday night... should mean clean on monday.