Has anybody tried the magic mushrooms? Paddo

Twan Roubos

Sorry for my english...

I am new on this forum. I found out about this via a News Paper in the Netherlands. It was an article in the NRC Next on the 26th of November. The beast had been gone for 1 year and a few moths but last week it stroke again.

When the clusters starts I can stop the first attacks with oxygen. But the attacks get worser every day and when the sinus is at his peak nothing works. No oxigen, no immigram injections nothing. A cluster usually takes about 6 weeks, with the peak in the middle. So I am looking forward to christmas.

Anyway I read the article about the magic mushrooms and got myself some truffles mexicana from the smartshop (good to live in Holland). Took a dosis on saturday en yesterday i took another dosis. The funny thing about those mushrooms is that you don't feel strange, you just see a lot of funny stuff.

But the attacks keep comming and this morning i even had an bad attack. This one was supposed to come next week?

Has any of you experienced these drugs yet? How does it work? What have I done wrong? Could it be that the heavy attacks come sooner?

Any advice form you guys? Is it the season?

Ciao Twan

Welcome, TR.  If you type the word truffles into the search bar at the top left of the page, you will be able to find some discussions about what kinds of truffles others have used, in case the mexicana kind are not the best kind to use.  If you do that search, you might contact some of the people from Holland whose names you see there by sending them a Private Message (PM). Oscar has been very helpful to many people.

Often, "dosing" (using a psychedelic to treat CH) is followed by what we call "slapbacks" or "post-dose hits," in which things get worse before they get better.  This is considered a good sign that the psychedelic might be working.  It sounds like that might be happening with you.  Usually these slapbacks are less severe after the third dose.  So maybe you are on a good path even though it doesn't feel that way right now.

If you are using immigram injections, or you did use them earlier in this cycle, they might have interfered with the effectiveness of the truffles.  It is usually said here that you have to have stopped any triptan, such as immigram, for about five days before taking psychedelics in order for them to be effective.

If your oxygen flow rate is 15 litres per minute (lpm) . . . many people find that is not really enough for them.  You can trying getting a regulator with a higher flow rate.  Many people find that with a 15 lpm regulator, they get much better results if they replace the bag that is attached to the mask with something larger, such as an unscented garbage bag or turkey bag.  That allows you to breathe more deeply and more rapidly.  Also, many people find that the O2ptimask is a big improvement over the standard non-rebreather mask.  You can see that mask here: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/khxc/

Many people find that drinking an "energy drink" (RedBull, Monster, etc.) at the start of an attack helps, and if they combine drinking an energy drink with oxygen, the combination seems to be more effective.  Coffee also helps, though for most people not as much.

Other people will have other suggestions.  Melatonin taken at night helps a lot of people.

We are hoping for the best for you!

Hi Twan,

Sorry you're experiencing a CH bout, but GLAD you live in Holland where a natural CH remedy more effective than any drug can be purchased legally, and that you've already received excellent, spot on advice from CHfather here.

He gave you all of the most important condensed info/insight, I agree with it all 100%, and you'd do well to consider it your CH Bible.  8-)

Yes, many of us have tried magic mushrooms and find them to work very well. Try not to be too discouraged by any slapbacks, I hope you can abort them.

Hii Twan,

Welcome to the board, you're at the right place here.

What CHfather wrote says about all, it's possible that you are having slap backs or the shrooms didn't get to do their job fully because of the Imigran you have taken.

My partner, Jan, is a chronic CH and started not so long ago with the shrooms, first he used the "Hollandia" but they were to heavy for him, so he also has taken "mexicana" which he finds more comfortable with.

We also bought the Optimask which is really a great relief! The attacks are shortened enormously!It also comes with a mouthpiece which is very comfortable when your sinus is at his peak, Jan uses it now every time. At the following link you can watch a video to see how it works http://headachemasters.com/product.asp?product=3

Who is your oxygen supplier? We ordered a new regulator last week, the "old" one could only deliver a maximum of 12l/pm, the new one can get up to 25L/pm and insurance covers it

Oscar has been and still is a great help for us, especially when Jan first started to Bust. He is very patient and answers all your question. And he is Dutch, just like me. If you want to, you can PM me also if you like.

Currently Batch is helping out with the Vitamin D. You can also try that next to busting.

You will find this board to become your "cluster home", here are sufferers and supporters who can help you and fully understand what you're going through. Bejeebers for example is always around to respond and his responses have always made us keep going. Just like CHfather and many others.

Here are THE most experienced people where you can get all the info and good suggestion and tips you need! It helped us a lot anyway and we are so thankful for that!

Hope you get some better days soon

Elly (pos1964)