Need advice

Mrsgrneyedldy

Hey how r you? I have a ? for ya..I kno I can reread all the info. But I've got 2 lil ones & lil time I must bust soon. Since I became pf back in april I a few months later diagnosed bipolar & add I take 200mg of seroquel & 100 mg of remeron at nite along w/ temazapam as needed in which I take bout 3 nites a week, I also take 10mgs of ritalin 3 xs a day, well I'm supose too..I actually take it as needed. I havent taken ritalin in a few days, so should I stop taking my seroquel & remeron also to detox? I think I remember from a while back I should & I have no problem doing that if I must to bust this horrible cycle that has begun. Thanks for you help....Sending much love,hugs & pf vibes !  Grneyedldy

I must bust soon . . . should I stop taking my seroquel & remeron also to detox?   I think I remember from a while back I should & I have no problem doing that if I must to bust this horrible cycle that has begun.

Mrsg, it was great to hear about your long PF period, and I'm sorry to see you back now. 

I tried to read up on seroquel and remeron, but it was too complicated for me.  It does seem, from my limited knowledge, that remeron for sure is likely to be a blocker.  Temazapam, a benzodiazepine, probably won't block busting, from what I've read.

BUT it would be very unwise for you to just stop taking any of these meds.  You almost certainly need to taper off them gradually, under a doctor's supervision.  I realize that's a problem, and I suppose you could find tapering info on the internet and try to do it yourself, but that seems quite risky to me.  Please be careful about this.  It's a tough, tough situation, but you definitely need to be careful.

Do you have oxygen?  Have you considered trying the D3 regimen?  What about energy drinks (I'd even worry a little about these with all that's going on in your system, but I'm thinking that maybe the "milder" ones like Five-Hour Energy that are essentially a cup of coffee with other stuff added) might be okay.   OXYGEN is the number 1 priority.

Have you already done all the standard meds, like imitrex injections?  Because I think your taper off the others could take a while, and maybe you need to go to the standard meds for a while.  For that matter, maybe if some standard meds plus oxygen (maybe plus D3 and energy drinks) will work for you, you'll decide not to get off those other meds, if they're helping you with other issues.

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm so greatful for all of you! I do understand the gravity of stopping my meds suddenly, I have had to go w/ out them at times a day or two and I think I'm just going to cut them out for 3 days for detox so I can achieve the best possible bust results. I in the past 4 days have had a full return of the beast, so far getting hit about 2 to 3 hits in a 24 hr. period...I kno that this is just the start of a dredful cycle. Yes I began the vitaman regimine yesterday & have O2 in place, I'm a coffee drinker so I just make it extra strong when nessecary.So hoping for some pf time soon.....detox sucks..thank God for O2! Sending much love, hugs & pf nite to you all [ch9829] Grneyes

I'm a coffee drinker

Forgive me if we talked about this as part of your strategy last year and I've now forgotten, but some headbangers who drink the strong coffee when trying to abort an attack are also popping a taurine pill at the same time so they'll get that caffeine/taurine combo that's considered to be the thingamajig that makes energy drinks effective.