Coping with the Holidays

alleyoop

Good articles alley!

The best thing that I did for myself was to have Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. Started that when the kids got to middle school. A lovely Christmas dinner the night before and leftovers for Christmas. Allowed me to enjoy Christmas along with the rest of the family!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all!  :)

I learned how to prepare ahead a few years ago. Homemade jelly with a bow on the jar. That takes care of any surprises that show up and saves a lot of energy since the jelly was made last summer. Also, anyone over 18, I put their gifts all in one box to wrap. Less mess and it is fun to watch as each item is found in the box.  :) It eliminates the trying to match the number of gifts given to each person, which is hard and expensive to do. With only one child to wrap for now, I can get it all done very quickly.

Then there is the wonderful e-card company if you aren't up to writing and mailing them. I get one every year and love them!!!!

Thanks again alley.  :)