D3 regimen advice

Sergical81

Well, the info is all here: https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314134804  To be honest, I haven't checked to see whether there have been any updates/revisions from Batch since this was issued in February.  I will do that in the next few days -- but I think you'll do well to follow what's here.

The list of core ingredients begins a ways down the page, under the subheading "Anti-Inflammatory Regimen Supplements." That subhead is a little ways under the bold major heading, "Basic and Complete Anti-inflammatory Regimen Treatment Protocol and Dosing Guide."  In the tenth paragraph after the supplements are listed, it says "This regimen can be taken any time of the day, but it's best taken with the largest meal of the day. You can also take it with an 8oz glass of lemonade, limeade, orange juice or any fruit juice high in citric acid sweetened with a little honey."  I know that Batch at one time said that he considers the fruit juice (and I guess the honey) to be an important part of the regimen, although it's not described that strongly here.

It's good to read everything in this document, particularly about loading doses of more than 10,000IU (and about taking it separately from verapamil, but I don't think you're taking verap), but the core regimen is where you want to start.

ok Do I take the calcium or not? My magnesium comes with a calcium supplement.
  Well, it seems like you want to be at 400-500mg/day of calcium. In that regimen, Batch says >>This points out the importance of taking 400 to 500 mg/day magnesium and calcium.<<  You say above that you took 400 calcium and 400 magnesium.  Seems like you should keep doing that.    He does say later in the regimen that some people who have raised their D levels into the desired range but not had relief from their CH, have done well after dropping the calcium for a while. But I doubt that you're in the category.  I guess the general point is that I'd stick as close as possible to the prescription.

Batch is extremely helpful in response to PMs.  He's a member here, but I don't know whether he gets PMs. Here's the link to PM him: https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=143722353E560  He's much, much more active over at www.clusterheadaches.com, so you might be more likely to reach him with a PM from there.  If you try to reach him and can't, I'll PM you his email address.

• 4 weeks later...