Moving to USA

AlexItalian

Good question.  You'll need a prescription for medical oxygen as an abortive for cluster headache here in the US.  If you already have an Rx for home oxygen from a physician in Italy and an oxygen provider there, see if they have an oxygen travel program or affiliation with an oxygen provider in the US and in the states you might move to.  This will solve the immediate problem of obtaining home oxygen on arrival.

One of these programs is called OxyTravel at the following link.  https://www.oxygenworldwide.com/help/wiki/521-oxytravel.html

Work with your primary care physician (PCP) to get an account set up with OxyTravel before you leave Italy.  Once you arrive you'll need to find a PCP.  Make sure he or she is willing to write an Rx for home oxygen at the flow rates we need for cluster headache, i.e., 15 to 25 liters/minute.

Take care, V/R, Batch

• 3 years later...

Thank you for such a comprehensive answer. I read that the oxygen machines in the US are quality and I'll buy my husband a new one after we move. We lived in Singapore for a long time, but our doctor suggested changing the climate for my husband's health. I'd appreciate a tip on what company we can trust to move our stuff. We hired https://www.cheapmoverssingapore.com/house-mover/ in Singapore to pack and load our property, so help is needed in the US. We found a new house through an agency, from the pictures and videos the place is excellent if we are happy with it when we arrive we'll buy it.