just wanted to say hello again after 18 months pain free *laugh cry*

ruthlian

In the total crap hole that was 2020, I didn't have ANY cluster episodes. On Thanksgiving, I felt some onset/shadow and aborted with a 5 hr energy. Then at 12:15am on January 1st, I was woken up (yes, because I was already in bed :)) by a full ch attack and am now up to at least 12 for this year. 

I definitely slacked on my vitamin regimen sooo I've got that going again. Plus a dr appointment scheduled where I demand O2. I did the sphenocath SPG block procedure in the summer of 2019 and I think that is a lot of why I had a good run so I made a phone call about doing that again and am waiting to hear back. Looking up ordering rc seeds. Basically not resting on my laurels this time!

Last night when it woke me up (the midnight trend has continued), I reallllllly didn't want to go through my whole thing so I took a 5hr energy, hoping that since I had already taken some melatonin it would balance out. It did not :rolleyes: So today hasn't been a very fun day (Also had another attack wake me up from the 2 hrs of sleep I did get after that)

Does anybody else have an acupressure mat? That provides me some relief as a new step in my ice pack-hot shower dance. Also alternate nostril breathing if my nose isn't too stuffy.

Oh the upside of being up all night is that my cats cuddled me and I finished "The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson.

Anyway, hope you all are doing as well as possible and thanks for having me back!

• Like 1

Sorry to see you back, but at least you are among those who know what you are going through (Relatively speaking as we each have our own tailor made beasts) I have decided pets, particularly cats should be part of a ch'ers coping kit. My devon is one of the only things during a hellish hit that can bring me some peace.

Hopefully, all gets back on track for you fast. 

• Like 1

Hey Ruth

If its any consolation...were in the exact same position, the whole of last year i was doing my honors research and all i kept thinking about was " the last thing i need right now over and above COVID and academia is a cluster episode". My wish was granted as soon as i finished on the 12th of Jan and got my first episode since 2019.  the beast keeps waking me up at 1am everyday and a further surprise as soon as i wake up...and oxygen is now hard to come by here in South Africa since COVID hit us. 

Hope WE all get through this. Stay strong!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 6:39 AM, Moontas said:

Hey Ruth

If its any consolation...were in the exact same position, the whole of last year i was doing my honors research and all i kept thinking about was " the last thing i need right now over and above COVID and academia is a cluster episode". My wish was granted as soon as i finished on the 12th of Jan and got my first episode since 2019.  the beast keeps waking me up at 1am everyday and a further surprise as soon as i wake up...and oxygen is now hard to come by here in South Africa since COVID hit us. 

Hope WE all get through this. Stay strong!

Oh wow, we really did get lucky for 2020, didn't we?! I'm sorry for both us! But you're right, we'll get through it! I hope you have some rest and some coping methods!