Acupuncture

Hi Triple.  Acupuncture is always nice and relaxing for me, so if I had a gift card I would be happy to use it. 

For clusters, it wasn't super effective for me when trying during 2 cycles several years ago.  It helped a bit and my attacks were not huge kippers, but I no longer do acupuncture for CH.  I have read about the same on this site and CH.com. 

There is a chance that it could be different for you so it may be worth a try.  Between busting and caffeine I have been very happy the last few years and if I was still getting creamed with these things I would immediately set up some high flowing oxygen as well. :)

Good luck TripleT! ;) 

--Shaggy

• 4 weeks later...

Hey TripleT,

I have had 2 sessions during this cycle, and have a third tomorrow.  Not really doing much for the headaches, unfortunately.  BUT, it has helped me relax and feel a little normal, as this cycle is the worst one I have ever had... 5 to six a night, one or two during the day.  Oxygen has been awesome, but the fungi have only been an abortive this round, not a preventative.  Going to give it another try in a week though.

So, short answer, acupuncture for me was a great way to relax. 

Good luck my man! and PFD&N'S to you!

Tuck!

• 1 month later...

like anything there are good practitoners and bad.. so you have that to contend with

but I saw one and she actually triggered an attack... it was quite annoying when I begged her to let me go but she forced me to deal with paying when I swore up and down I

• 2 weeks later...

D has tried accupuncture... it's great for dealing with depression during difficult cycles. It's been a great resource for educating ourselves ... and our accupuncturist is continually trying to find new solutions and has helped us dig through a  lot of information and resources.  He has become an ally and a great resource for finding alternative treatments.