No idea how to title this.

MoxieGirl

So, I'm sitting here, watching a film, chillaxing as an American friend of mine might say.

Then there is an almightly WHAM in the side of my head, like someone has just struck my temple hard with an ice pick. Then, it feels like someone is hammering a pair of needle nose pliers into the hole, and they begin squeezing the life out of my optic nerve for ten minutes.

I've had 2 of these attacks so far tonight. I don't normally get them through the night, well, not normally. I tend to get hit evenings and weekends. Thankfully, I also don't usually get bad ones at work. As I'm a stand-up teacher of software, this is a really good thing.

HA! A good thing. Does such a concept exist when it comes to clusters? If I could devise the most evil torture I could imagine, I could not imagine anything as evil as cluster attacks. And that is saying something, considering my experience with pain and torture. Clusters seem to trump everything else in the world.

Am going to sleep now. And going to pray for a peaceful, full night's sleep for a change. Shame I don't believe in praryer.

So, I'm sitting here, watching a film, chillaxing as an American friend of mine might say.

Then there is an almightly WHAM in the side of my head, like someone has just struck my temple hard with an ice pick. Then, it feels like someone is hammering a pair of needle nose pliers into the hole, and they begin squeezing the life out of my optic nerve for ten minutes.

I've had 2 of these attacks so far tonight. I don't normally get them through the night, well, not normally. I tend to get hit evenings and weekends. Thankfully, I also don't usually get bad ones at work. As I'm a stand-up teacher of software, this is a really good thing.

HA! A good thing. Does such a concept exist when it comes to clusters? If I could devise the most evil torture I could imagine, I could not imagine anything as evil as cluster attacks. And that is saying something, considering my experience with pain and torture. Clusters seem to trump everything else in the world.

Am going to sleep now. And going to pray for a peaceful, full night's sleep for a change. Shame I don't believe in praryer.

I was raised Catholic,but I don't attend church.I believe in God and prayer. Praying can go a long way.I'll pray for you,and all the other people that suffer on this forum,or have yet to find this group..I was watching a program about prayer.It was from a scientific point vs spiritual.

Anyway,They had planted some seeds to grow plants.They took a group of people,and had them pray to 1/2 of the plants ,but not pray for the other half.The plants that were prayed upon grew heather and flourished faster.They did alot of different experiments,and prayer always seemed to win.

God Bless You! I will say a prayer for your pain to go away.I just spent the last 2 nights in hell screaming like a little baby over these ch's.It sucks to be us sometimes.

Yeah, I do. Perhaps not in a building with four walls and dogma, but heart felt thoughts going out into the cosmos from your mind. Spiritual my kids call it.

Not religious much. Been that before and I never could get past the part where everyone else is going to hell cause they don't believe 'this way' or they never heard the Word of the Bible. I believe we are all going to heaven, in one form or another. Perhaps I will tick off some people here, I hope not. I don't intend to. I do feel that a Supreme power exists and send thoughts out to it. I say thanks mostly. There is always something to be thankful for so I focus there. I feel really guilty asking for anything for me. But, I do send good thoughts around the world. That is the way I look at it. So, I will send some across the pond to you. :)

Need some 'chillaxing' time myself! ;D

Hi toostrike, and gang.

I was initially raised Catholic too. At 14 I became a born again Christian, and started attending a pretty radical Christian Church. At 19 I went to a Bible college in Dallas where I studied the Bible in the original Greek and learned some of the Hebrew in considerable depth. When I lived in England the first time, for 6 years I was apart of a very fundamentalist church, street preaching and Bible bashing my way to God.

At 29, I very thankfully escaped organised religion. I usually tell people I barely escaped Christianity with my life, and that isn't far wrong. I was VERY suicidal, and largely because of the guilt cycle the 'church' had taught me all my life. Breaking free of religion saved my life.

I very much see MOST organised religions, at least the big ones I've interacted with, as being a form of control.

For many years I was an Atheist. Still am, in that I don't believe in a 'higher being' that is concerned about our daily lives and knows the number of hairs on my head etc. I have studied the Bible too well for 15 years, that I can now clearly see its lies and misconceptions.

BUT! And this is a big but. That isn't to say I'm not spiritual. I have seen some amazing miracles in my life, experienced some amazing miracles too. And through the avenue of prayer. But I don't believe prayer is going to a higher being who will decide to act upon it or not, or manages our fates. I do strongly suspect that prayer and faith is a way for us to tap into higher powers that we all posses, to reach out and touch our spiritual self, and thus activate powers that we don't yet fully understand.

So, does prayer work? Yes, I believe it does sometimes for people who really believe in it. Does sending out good thoughts and/or vibes help? Yes, I believe it does sometimes for people who really believe in it.

Life is about finding the connection with our spiritual self, in any way you can. If religion, and calling this power God works for you, then awesome. It doesn't work for me. I was hurt by that concept far too deeply.

And, although I slept well last night, I was awoken at 3:30 with a REALLY bad cluster. Felt like someone was playing kettle drums in my head for an hour. Not nice at all.

So, pray harder. ;)

"MIRACLE"

"A cancer inexplicably cured.  A voice in a dream.  A statue that weeps.  A miracle is an event that strengthens faith.  It is possible to look at most miracles and find a rational explanation in terms of cause and effect.  It is possible to look at Rembrandt's Supper at Emmaus and find a rational explanation in terms of paint and canvas.

Faith in God is less apt to proceed from miracles than miracles from faith in God"

~ Frederick Buechner

Thanks Hipshot. I do my best to write well. :)

I lived in Dallas about 2 years, or so. Way back in the 80's though. It may have changed a little since then. I also did a year of uni in Arkansas, and also lived in North Dakota when I was in the Air Force. So been around a little.

• 2 months later...

It is very sad that people are hurt by churches but if we look back that is the way that we became justified. Jesus was crucified by the church was he not? The pharisees had been trying to find something to charge him with. It is by his death and our faith that we have become justified (made right with God). Our job as Christians in a church is to help one another and have fellowship. "Pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up".

I have experienced God move in my life too many times to deny his existence. Some will call it karma or good luck because then they can file it without giving it any more thought. It amazes me how people can believe in karma or luck, none of which is tangible or can be proven yet will deny God.  How many lives have been changed by people giving their life to God? The overwhelming amount of scientific information given in the bible regarding uncleanliness in the old testament. People didnt understand the reasoning of it then but now we know of bacteria and infection.How about the k factor in the blood being the highest on the 8th day of life and that is the day that the babies were to be circumcised. Also all of the prophecies that were fullfilled concerning the return of Christ. Seek and ye shall find.

Wishing everyone a PF day