Ask the Experts

shocked

thank's for your article,my dad has been suffering headaches most of his life, he's now been diagnosed with ch,he's on oxygen and just started taking magic truffles,which are legal in the uk,i believe that magic mushrooms are better, but not sure as i can't find any help in that direction.its been a week now and he thinks they are helping by relaxing him. it's to soon to say but he's very hopeful at the moment which is a blessing as the doc's aren't able to help him.  thanks for listening   marilyn :)

Hi Marilyn,

So sorry to hear about your dad. My father is 80yrs old and it's difficult enough being 80 without clusters. I have had clusters for 10 yrs and have some experience with mushrooms and different methods to help relieve clusters. I am in the UK, if you would like to talk to me about it then I would be happy to give you a call for a chat. If that would help then please let me know

Kind regards

Roger

hi  Just to say a very BIG THANK YOU to all , especially jammy dodger how kindly phoned my dad last night, it helped a great deal, also i would like to tell you about a new treatment, the nhs phoned my dad yesterday to ask if he was still interested in trying the botox remedy it involves lots of injection in his head sounds awful, but my dad will try anything. has anyone come across this treatment? we don't know when the treatment will start, but will keep you informed, in the mean time he will try the new diet, and truffles X fingers  we will succeed   once again thank you   marilyn   

Jammy dodger AKA Roger, and Oscar are HEROS.  :) 8-)

Marilyn, there has been discussion here among those who have tried botox, and unfortunately it appears to me to be largely ineffective for CH - more of a migraine treatment that the docs wish would also work for CH. I wonder if your dad's docs are planning more injections than usual in different spots on the noggin or something?

I bet those truffles (or mushrooms or Rivea Corymbosa seeds) will be more likely to bring some real relief.

Here's a very recent botox discussion:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1361744852/4