Storing, dosage and consumption mushrooms

Melody

I wonder if anybody can give me advice re storage, dosage and consumption of mushrooms.

I have had varieing degrees of success with using mushrooms.

I have been taking 1.5 Grammes once a week.

Sometimes after 3 doses the CHs have gone into remission, for a month or two (I am a chronic CHer) AND even when they have come back I think they are not as bad as they have been in the past... Last year they were all reaching 7 to 10 on K scale... Now I think they are mainly 6 to 8. However the mushrooms are not keeping them away for the extended periods at the moment and they are coming back each week.... After I've taken the mushrooms I get 3 to 5 days respite.

I dried out the mushrooms, and filled capsules with the powder, I am wondering if they have lost potency. I am in the process of ordering fresh ones.... My first one or two doses I will take fresh and the rest I'll store.

If I'm taking them fresh is it important to eat the entire dose? or can I make tea and strain the bits?.... And with the rest that I store, dried and crushed into capsules, where and how are they best stored?

Thanx

Oh and something else I've remembered... When I've had the 2 month period of time without CHs, I've stopped using mushrooms.... I'm wondering if I get another break from them for more than a month, might it be a good idea to take a dose once a month anyway?

Thanx

Melody,

My rambling thoughts on your post:

Sounds like your dose amount is about right (but some people's bodies require a higher dose).  Are you hitting a 'threshold' dose?  Feeling anything, trip etc.?

I'd back your dose down to every 5 days instead of 7.  It's been noted there's a bit of a sweet spot for most people right at 5 days.

Have you tried bumping the dose to 2g?  if you get 'pretty good' relief with 1.5, then 2 might get you over the threshold to more pain free time.

As far as preparation:  I think the majority that have tried using dried with caplets, report the least nausea, and easiest preparation.  For long term storage you might want to use a desiccant (keeps the moisture out) in a container in the freezer.

J

Hi Melody ...

One things for sure, there are no concrete rules for the occurrence/severity, or our attempts at treatment of CH.  There are slightly different methods that work for each of us.  You just have to experiment.  Don't worry, when you find the perfect remedy, CH will attack from another angle.  Keep trying!  The consensus found on this board is a VERY good place to start.  You just might need to "tweak it" slightly.

I'm also chronic (6 yrs) and have had great luck with busting recently.  This came after a year of investigating doses/timing of busts and just what my triggers and patterns were.  Keep a log.  Nothing higher than a K5 this year, it must work.

I now bust every 2-3 months with good results.  Start busting as soon as the Beast makes his presence known (sooner the better), otherwise stick to a schedule. 

I use about 3g cracker-dried home grown per dose.  Dehydrate after growing, then store in freezer.  If you are drying, crushing and encapsulating --- the desiccant is a great idea.  Moisture is the enemy here.  So is heat.

First dose is usually 4g, five days later 3g, then another five days later 2g.  I stick to the 5-day period closely and use no blocking prescriptions.  Take as much as can be tolerated the first bust.  Kick that Beast initially right between the eyes, then try decreasing the dose.  I've never tried the tea .... maybe I should.

Sounds like you've got great methods and pretty good results.  Don't stop now!

Best of luck and PF days .....

weatherman  8-)

Thank you both very much for your advice, I will try the 5 days plan... I had been hesitant to do this before, as I tried to keep it just to weekends as I work weekdays.... and I had a paranoid kinda thought that experimentation during 'work days' (all be it in the evening and not in work hours) was inappropriate (especially because my job is as a drugs worker) but I need to keep it firmly in my mind that this is a self medication experiment and not recreational experiments!

Haha! The paranoia is work related not substance related :0)

I will keep going ..... Thanx guys

Hi Melody,

I'm also chronic, 7 years. Mushrooms have also given me the occasionally month attack free, but have mostly extended the attacks I used to get every other day to a week, sometimes 2 weeks. Which is awesome!

I'd suggest to keep busting even through a month or two of remission. Maybe set a target of 3 or 4 months attack free before you stop busting so regularly. Just an idea.

Also, try changing the dosage amount like suggested, or swapping shrooms out for seeds for a time. I find my body quickly adjusts to medicines, and I constantly have to change things around. What worked great for me last month may not work at all this month.

I recently switched to capsules, and love them! I store them in an empty vitamins container with a package of desiccant. Seems to work well.

Good luck,

MG

• 2 weeks later...