How high is too high - vitamin D

drixhen

I just got results back saying it's up around 350nmol ( I think thats around 140ng/ml

I was 30nmol (I think) before I started the regime a few months back. Attacks have been better but I started busting at the same time.

Any advice to keep at 10000 per day or wind back?

Well, I would drop to 5,000. But, others may have more up to date info I suspect. You are shooting for about 100ng/ml as I recall. After a month, I would have it re-tested to see if it has dropped to a proper level. I adjust based on sun exposure and get tested once or twice a year. But, I have been on it for over two years now and have a good idea of the amount to take depending on the time of year.

From Batch: >>CH'ers who have used this regimen and experienced a significant reduction in the frequency and severity of their CH or gone pain free and then had this test have had an average 25(OH)D serum concentration of 81.4 ng/mL. (203.5 nmol/L), min = 34.0 ng/mL, max = 149.0 ng/mL.<<  That's a pretty big range, and it appears that you're very near the top of it. This calculator says you're right that 350=140: https://chronicillnessrecovery.org/calc/index.php

So, I'd go with spiny's advice to drop it back to 5kIU, but stay on top of it.