Thank You for Hope

Cory68

I have been on and off of this site for about a year or so. I was completely happy when I heard about the vitamin d....but can someone please explain to me what busting means and if it is illegal...how do you get it to help someone.....I don't understand?  We need help....I don't want anything to happen to my husband...and he is the nicest person you will ever meet....

In general, busting has meant using illegal substances to treat CH. People have used them because they very often work better, with less serious side effects, than prescription medications.  You can read all about busting in the "ClusterBuster Files" section of this board.  Right now, a lot of people are using a substance that is like some of the illegal busting agents -- it's a tryptamine, like them -- but is currently legal in many -- but not all -- places.  It's called 5-meo-dalt.  It might or might not be as effective as the illegal substances, but it is legal (in many, but not all places). 

Since you commented on the other thread here, I'm going to assume you read the posts in that thread, so I'm not going to repeat all that information, except to say that if your husband doesn't have oxygen, that should be your/his first priority. You mention "triptans" there, but you don't say whether it's in an injectable form or some other.  Injectable works a lot faster.

• Like 1

It is a pill form....we asked about oxygen....but I am going to go with him on the next week, which is in 2 weeks.....and I want to have information to ask about....oxygen is good then?  I will push for that. I am hoping he will join the group..... Thanks so much.....

Oxygen is good, yes, especially with a higher liter flow than uninformed doctors generally prescribe, and at a 100% concentration.

If sumatriptan pill form works for him that is good (and unusual, as for most of us it is too slow acting). Injectable can have a pretty much 100% success rate for many of us, but of course it's a drug with potential serious side effects, repercussions and backfirings, hence the move by many of us over to O2 instead.

Hi Cory!

He will need O2 with a non-rebreather mask. The lowest acceptable flow rate is 15LPM. It should be scripted for 'as needed' so he does not get any flack about size of tanks or how many. You will want at least one big tank for home use. If you can get small tanks too for work, travel,etc. We can give you the info for the best mask - under 30.00 I think. And you can buy higher flow regulators on line if he needs more than 15LPM as many of us do. No nose cannula or concentrator setups -  won't work. There is a great article on here about how to use it. That part is vital and most doctors do not know the techniques that work the best for aborting a hit. O2 will be his best friend!!

Good luck on that visit!!! It helps to have an advocate with you when getting started on this stuff. You can back up what he says his pain level is and so forth.

• Like 1