Phisical pain in the head post attack

swiftlaw

I'm baack. Again.

4 weeks in and definitely the cycle is peaking.

Screamers, headbanging - "Oh My God Help Me" screamers.

My head hurts when I touch it. Like someone scooped out a piece of my skull - just sore all day.

Headache every day at 5:00 pm and then again at 2:00 am.

I'm a mess - I hate it that no one knows how sick I am.

Just venting.

I am so so so sorry to read this.  It really hurts to think of you going through that nightmare.

I feel like you're knowledgeable about CH treatments and I know you've read around at the board, so I feel like it's almost insulting to ask what you're doing to treat your attacks.  If you want to discuss that, we can.

Mostly I wanted you to know that I heard you and I wish so much that this wasn't happening to you.

CH Father - Thanks - we have known each other on here for years. primarily I just want somebody who understands,

Query: I have a soreness in my head - sensitive to touch after a very bad attack - have you heard of this ?

I have the same thing happen after an attack. Not only is my head sensitive to touch on the side of the attack but for the next couple of days my head feels just like it does after a concussion.

Hey swiftlaw!

That soreness can become a problem all on its' own in my book.

One cycle, it got so bad that I could count the number of hairs on that side of my head for months. Shampooing was misery. So was brushing my hair. The nerves were just on fire. Other times, I get the major soreness that it seems you are experiencing now.

Hurting from an invisible disease sucks all around. :angry: 

Vent away!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going through it right now. Sometimes my major attacks shut off like flipping a lightswitch. That seemed the norm when I was young.

Now it seems like they more frequently just wittle down to a shadow that leaves every part of my head painfully sensitive to touch.

Hi. I'm Ted. 50 years old. 35 of them as a CH sufferer. I only come here when I am in cycle. I know what you are going through.

I am very fortunate to have long remissions between my cycles. Almost 2 years since the last one.

Imitrex was the worst thing that happened in my attempts to manage the condition.

• 3 weeks later...

I also thought imitrex only made them worse till i tried the injections. Its the only thing ive ever found that would stop a cluster headache but when i first take the shot it magnifies the pain for the first 5 to 10 min. but then it goes away for a cpl hrs anyway. There is some problems with it tho. first off insurance wont pay but for a few each mo. i was getting upto 8 clusters per day. I was also being prescribed imitrex nasal (they only made it worse) but one day i got desperate and made injections from the spay using 5 cc of the spray with 40 cc of saline it worked just like the prescribed injections. Then new problem if i took to many shots in a day they stopped working and like the other forms of imitrex just made it worse. Before it quits working ill notice it taking longer to have its effect going from 5 to 10min. to 15 to 20 min. for me if it hasnt worked after 20min. it wasnt going to. But if i suffer through one without taking a shot it would make them start working again. Be warned they are very hard on the heart and your not to take more than 3 a day but during a cycle i do.