Sewell's Original 53

geoffmh

Hi All.  I was one of Dr. Sewell's original 53 who supplied our experiences with busting way back when.  I just wanted to share with some of the new folks that may have some apprehension this treatment CHANGED MY LIFE.  With the guidance from Bob, Flash, and PinkSharkMark (RIP) and Dr Sewell (RIP), terrified to try the treatment, I ventured into process that has changed so much in my life (I actually found some personality benefits to the treatment also).  Sadly after I got complete control over the beast I drifted away from the site, only popping in here and there to see what was new.  I am an episodic typically 3 month attacks, 6 off...until Bob.  Since the early 2000's I have frequently gone years PF.  Until a few weeks ago I had 4 years PF...no exaggeration! 

Anyway, if I can help anyone with advice (not sure how, this site is so resource rich) or support, please let me know. I owe a great deal to Bob and the group, and realized recently that I still am a clusterhead...despite my thinking to the contrary....if you are one the fence about busting, like I was....take the leap!  Eternal gratitude to Bob, Flash, PSM and Dr. Sewell...AMAZING PEOPLE!

• Like 1

CH Hi!  I do remember you from back in the day lol.  I was Hedferst then.  I actually did a maintenance dose every year for years...funny after 4 years PF I assumed they were gone...remember reading early on that eventually they peter out...at least back in the 90's that was the idea.  So I assumed at 50 I was done with them (started at 19).  I do know for sure the further south in the US I lived the (hate to even use this word with clusters) milder they were.  Of course, after getting careless with preventative dosing...the bastard came back.  Its been few weeks now and I am smacking it back..I can feel it loosing its fight...but it came back.  One thing for certain...prior to MM, cluster was who I was...AFTER MM? Cluster is something i have...it no longer owns me.

And while having them now is no laughing matter, knowing I have beat this so many many times over the past 20 years, I look at as a painful inconvenience....that will pass in a couple of weeks..unlike the 3 month cycles I endured for the first 20 years...In fact, it smacked back hard after the first dose, but has progressively decreased in severity and frequency over the past 2 weeks and if I don't so anything stupid like drink wine or a scotch (my tequila idea of being clear didn't work lol) I am getting by with a trusty ice pack to the neck and temple...energy shots and Bendryl...not bad...not too bad at all.  Nice to see you are still here.  Sad to see Andrew and Mark gone.  I'll never be able to repay the debt.

• Like 1