Medications and Vitamins to avoid after BUSTING!?

CLUSTERMAN

First of all, thank you for all the amazing support I have found on this site over the years.  Seriously life-saving.  Just wanted some clarification on after BUSTING do you avoid all medications and vitamins for a period of time?  Or do you go back to the D3 regimen the next day while still avoiding certain meds that could trigger or mess up the CLUSTER BUSTER Session?  Want to make sure I am on the same page.  

ClusterMan

It is generally agreed here that you need to be off triptans and other blocking medications for five days before a bust.  I say that is "generally agreed here" because some dissenting views have been expressed lately, saying that while triptans might block busting, there is no need to be off them for five days.  I don't think anyone can say what is "true" about that, so many of us still recommend the five-day "detox."  It is said here that you could use a triptan right after busting and it won't "unbust" you, but you'd have to wait five full days after taking it.  As with Denny, it's my understanding that the D3 regimen and busting are compatible.  You've probably answered this somewhere already, but what meds are you taking (for CH and anything else, since some non-CH meds are also believed to block busting)?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dallas Denny said:

Hey Clusterman!

To my knowledge, it's not necessary to DC the anti inflammatory regimen when you bust....pretty much everything else with the exception of low dose verapamil you need to avoid.

DD

Thank you @Dallas Denny do you know how long you have to wait before returning to your normal daily use medication?

1 minute ago, CHfather said:

It is generally agreed here that you need to be off triptans and other blocking medications for five days before a bust.  I say that is "generally agreed here" because some dissenting views have been expressed lately, saying that while triptans might block busting, there is no need to be off them for five days.  I don't think anyone can say what is "true" about that, so many of us still recommend the five-day "detox."  It is said here that you could use a triptan right after busting and it won't "unbust" you, but you'd have to wait five full days after taking it.  As with Denny, it's my understanding that the D3 regimen and busting are compatible.  You've probably answered this somewhere already, but what meds are you taking (for CH and anything else, since some non-CH meds are also believed to block busting)?

Thank you @CHfather the only medication I was taking prior to busting was Verapamil and the D3 Regimen. I had discontinued other medications for at least 5 days as recommended.   I have Attention Deficit Disorder however and wonder how long I need to continue to wait until returning to my daily use medication for it.    

ClusterMan

I don't see that any ADD meds are listed as blockers in the "official" list in the ClusterBuster Files ("Playing Well Together").  There's a post here from someone who thinks Adderall interfered with his busting: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/5148-busting-help/?tab=comments#comment-53289   There are probably other Adderall-related posts that you can find using the search bar at the top right of the page.  This is all anecdotal and guesswork, unfortunately -- even the "playing Well Together" list, which is from 2010, is not really reliable.  

Since you're probably going to have to bust more than once, you'll have to take that into account when deciding about stopping and continuing meds.  Wish I could be more helpful!

• Like 1

@CHfather You are an amazing help and I appreciate you taking the time to answer me back in my time of need.  I have tried to bust this cycle 4 times, which is when I went back on the Verapamil because I just couldn't get the cycle to stop and needed some relief. Thank you again for your continued help.