Triptans - side effects

tingeling

Hi

I started sort of a discussion.... The people i discussed with, claim what i say about Triptans, is not true. That there`s no evidence Triptans can hurt you at all.

And i was asked to give some evidence. I answered they can easily find it themselves on Internet. Off course then it was lol, you don`t know nothing. My first thought was never mind. But been thinking of this awhile now, and it`s important to take this sort of discussions, we should be more aware of what the parmachy industry could easily fill us with.

I remember a link here about Imitrex, an article about a trial recently.

It seems to me people in there have allot of information. If anyone have something of relevance to the subject, i would appreciate to have a link :)

There is a reason it is recommended to taper off of 'trex before dosing.  Lots of people's personal experience and success!

My personal experience is that while 'trex may stop a headache in progress, it seems to cause more headaches.

I find it hard to believe that the manufacturers are unaware of this "side-effect" when developing and testing thw drug -- especially as 'trex is so similar to psilocybin in molecular structure (and am quite sure they tested that molecular structure as well.) Why market a drug that cures you, when a similar molecular structure, sort of works, but causes you to need more $25 doses of their drug?

Xeno,

I read trough what i wrote, it can be misunderstood i see. In my opinion Imitrex broke down my body and mind, and made it all as bad as it could be, and worse after that.

Where i live, i seem to be the only one with this opinion. And i seriously starting to wonder if certain groups are sponsored.

I meet anger and responses that surprise me allot. Only because i mention this med has side effects. I feel in a way banned from this groups because i ask question about what the doc`s are putting in us. And i was told that they don`t want me to make people stop use imitrex. And that theyre actually AFRAID of it.

I`m not doing anything of thi. But everytime someone mention something that could maybe help, it get turned down and recommended "stick to the Triptan`s".

I do not agree, i understand why people use it, but why is it so bad to look at what options we have, and maybe find something new? I don`t get it. I want to take the disussion. But you know what, i get laughed at.

Like theyre afraid they may find a solution, or maybe just afraid of letting go of what have worked best. I think it is important to stay open for new options, for our own best. Wish i could just let it go, but for some reason i can`t, after all my daughter may need it in the future. they can laugh at me, but the disussion is started at least.

Triptans are synthesized vs natural tryptamines as I understand it.

LSD would then be a triptan, Psilocybin and LSA would be a tryptamine. I think. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I have been before  :)

Xeno mentions reoccurence " it seems to cause more headaches.

I find it hard to believe that the manufacturers are unaware of this "side-effect" when developing and testing"

I recall some initial trial reporting from the early days of trex saying reoccurence of headache due to use in the 60 to 80% range. The mfg and many in pain felt this was acceptable and pushed the drug through the FDA.

I can no longer find those reports, and the multiple links I had, no longer exists on the internet that I can find.

A later report from 1992 says a 40% reoccurence with maybe a higher number of people.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1379152

An article for your tool box ting. from 1995

http://motherjones.com/politics/1995/09/migraine-killer