Do Cluster cause Physical Damage?

bridge

So, everything I have read or been told is that clusters don't cause physical damage but I'm beginning to wonder.   

This last cycle was by far the worst I have every experienced.  During my cycles in addition to my headaches I have constant shadows, ringing ears, neck and jaw popping but that has always subsided in the past.  I am going on 2 weeks with NO headaches.:D but I am having twinges of nerve pain in the spots where my clusters attack.  I am also having the popping in my neck and jaw just not as bad as when I'm in cycle.

I almost feel as if my nerves are damaged.  I know that MS damages the Myelin could clusters over time as well?  Also, do we know that vessels don't get damaged?  Has anyone had residual symptoms after a cycle?    

Clusters do not cause any known physical damage.  Of course each clusterhead has their own personal hell of psychic damage which could range from mild depression to defiance to PTSD-like manifestations.  Mental health challenges can cause legitimate physical problems.  The other issue becomes imaginary thinking.  We spend lots of time trying to figure these things out (triggers, weather, meds, habits, etc.  its easy to try and explain every anomaly we experience in the context of clusters but its often unrelated.

• Like 5

bridge,
In your two posts you haven't really mentioned what you do to treat your CH.  Now that your cycle seems to have ended, it might be a good time for you to take a close look at that. This post includes the "New Users" info from the blue banner at the top of each page, along with some other non-"busting" information that might be helpful: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/

I know my neuro told me the permanent droop I have now on my right eye is caused by them as well as topical numbness and a slightly constricted pupil on the same side as my attacks are all normal, especially in chronic but will fade when or if the attacks stop or diminish, so not permanent damage but physical effects that persist beyond the immediate attack.

I'm sure some damage occurs to the body during a cluster headache. I have had the jaw popping and neck/shoulder pain too. The worse part is the fatigue after the headache. I feel tired all the time. Article below states all the physical changes when the body experiences pain.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/clinical-archive/pain-management/understanding-the-effect-of-pain-and-how-the-human-body-responds-26-02-2018/