Brain Fog

MoxieGirl

Hi my friends,

I normally get a bad case of brain fog after a cluster attack. They are fairly short lived, 1-2 hours, maybe 3 or so. What often surprises me is when I’ve had a 10 - 15 minute, short fairly mild attack, but then have brain fog for hours afterwards.

Anyway, yesterday morning I woke at 5am with a super mild headache. I should have taken pain killers then and there, but hoped I’d sleep it off. I woke at 7 with a really bad headache that morphed into a migraine. I too a triptan, and before too long the migraine was gone.

But then, I had horrendously bad brain fog the rest of the day, right up to crawling into bed. It was so bad I left work at noon, I just couldn’t concentrate on anything. 

I’ve never had it that bad from a migraine, or had it last that long. I asked Dr Google and found out the proper name for it is Postdrome, and if you get it before a migraine, it’s Prodrome. It can last hours to days and is quite common. 

So, I was wondering if this is a common post (or even pre) side-effect fo clusters, and if others experience it too. 

Stay safe,

Mox

...hi Mox

....have always thought there's gotta be some kind of brain chemistry alteration going on...pain hormone driven or actual headaches mediated. post a CH hit the euphoria was welcome but short lived, then the beat with a 2x4 exhaustion. no brain fog, but perhaps the other side of same coin, as cumulatively during a cycle i found that my mind was actually sharper/more focused. used to do a lot of writing for work and i "almost" would hope for a cycle when i had an important project. i look back on some of the things i composed and wonder "who wrote this!?".....cuz it was better than I knew...

...dangdest thing.....and just a guess, but have you considered low blood sugar or other nutritional issues?

best

jonathan

• Like 1

@MoxieGirlhey!! That really stinks. I’m glad you’re feeling better now. My mom suffered from migraines in her late teens and early 20s and the predrome/post drome is very real. It’s crazy. People who suffer with migraines long enough get predrome warnings that one is coming. It’s like a brain fog before it even hits. Headaches are so crazy 

• Like 1