New cycle

Luis

Well guys after two years of pain free the beast caught up to me this past July 27th. I’m on week three of my regular cycle. Everything I learned here as worked wonders. I have oxygen, the injections, and taking the vitamins as well. I am also on a diet. sucks that my cycle started, I thought I had won. I guess not. My dr. has now prescribed gabapentin. Tbh I’m pretty scared to try it due to what I read on here. Any other info on gabapentin?

4 minutes ago, Luis said:

Any other info on gabapentin?

Hi Luis,

Sorry the cluster bunny is back. I don't have much info on gabby other than to say it did not work for me. All it did was make me super sleepy while the beast raged on. You never know though, what doesn't work for one may work for another... I do recall someone on here (I think it was @Bejeeber) mentioning a study that showed an increase in suicidal tendency's not that I think you would have an issue with that especially with just trying it out. By chance have you tried the "Full Monty" D3 reg? I had to switch over from the normal regimen a while back due to allergies and it has really helped.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoscoPiko said:

Hi Luis,

Sorry the cluster bunny is back. I don't have much info on gabby other than to say it did not work for me. All it did was make me super sleepy while the beast raged on. You never know though, what doesn't work for one may work for another... I do recall someone on here (I think it was @Bejeeber) mentioning a study that showed an increase in suicidal tendency's not that I think you would have an issue with that especially with just trying it out. By chance have you tried the "Full Monty" D3 reg? I had to switch over from the normal regimen a while back due to allergies and it has really helped.   

@BoscoPiko  “full monty” d3 reg. I have not. Where can I find more information on it?

Here is a copy and paste from a previous discussion about it on here. It includes all of the original regimen plus this:

***We have also had a number of CHers respond to a collection of supplements with antihistamine properties I call the Antihistamine Full Monty.  It includes 3 grams/day each of Turmeric (Curcumin), Quercetin, Resveratrol and Omega-3.  It also includes 250 mcg/day Selenium, 5 mg/day Melatonin (taken at bedtime) and 8 grams/day vitamin C.  You can also add 500 mg.day NAC.

I buy the bulk powdered vitamin C in 1Kg bags and stir two  level teaspoons in 8 oz of water then take sips all day until it's gone by bedtime.  It tastes like unsweetened lemonade. 

You can taper the first four supplements to 2 grams/day after a week to 10 days fully CH pain free.  I'd stay at 2 grams/day on the first four supplements for at least a month.  Dealer's choice on tapering further.*****

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

I do recall someone on here (I think it was @Bejeeber) mentioning a study that showed an increase in suicidal tendency

You got that right @BoscoPiko, and it's also the real world experience of some CH'ers here, one of whom described it as something like a "reverse survival instinct" that gabapentin can spur. It is weird indeed, and can be experienced as not having any sort of "I want to kill myself because I can't take it anymore" component, but more like a calm and nonchalant "it would be very right to turn the lights off permanently right now" feeling, with no emotion. :o

That said, I'm one of the few and far between whose CH has benefitted from the 'ol gabby, where it cut the number of attacks per day in a raging high cycle in half for me, which in turn made it possible for me to abort every single attack that did break through, and that was a really big deal.

I'd advise anyone on the gab to watch out for the weird thoughts/feelings, be prepared to recognize them as the drug talking, and to fully ignore them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bejeeber said:

You got that right @BoscoPiko, and it's also the real world experience of some CH'ers here, one of whom described it as something like a "reverse survival instinct" that gabapentin can spur. It is weird indeed, and can be experienced as not having any sort of "I want to kill myself because I can't take it anymore" component, but more like a calm and nonchalant "it would be very right to turn the lights off permanently right now" feeling, with no emotion. :o

That said, I'm one of the few and far between whose CH has benefitted from the 'ol gabby, where it cut the number of attacks per day in a raging high cycle in half for me, which in turn made it possible for me to abort every single attack that did break through, and that was a really big deal.

I'd advise anyone on the gab to watch out for the weird thoughts/feelings, be prepared to recognize them as the drug talking, and to fully ignore them.

Wow @Bejeeber great info!

• 3 months later...