CH Tatoos?

here's one more: http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=49691   accompanying text: >>I get cluster headaches and the pain is commonly referred to as the beast. The demon reaching into the skull really represents the pain. I gave my artist an idea and this is the finished product. Johnathan at Body Chemistry in Bluefield WV is my artist. 304-325-2639 <<

I'm compiling a few of those here for the heckuvit. There's a photo circulating somewhere on this message board I think of the last graphic on the bottom tattooed quite largely onto a members calf (it was photographed at a CB conference).

414b608a864f396effff800eac144226.jpg

devil-tattoo-118783183214987.jpg

jonny4.JPG

220px-Clusterhead.jpg

Here is my CH Tattoo.

Apple_zps39a3ccfd.jpg

An apple with thorns you ask?

Well, I'm glad you did. About 6 months or so after I was diagnosed, a good friend of mine, who happens to have been trained by American Indians to be a Shaman, took me on a spirit walk to try and identify the cause of my headaches.

I soon found myself on a lovely little hill, inside a picket wooden fence area that had beautiful flowers and trees. I was standing next to a great big apple tree. I love apple trees, and have many fond memories of climbing the one in my back garden as a kid.

Then, an oval shape 'thing' entered the edge of my vision, blocking out the sun and quickly growing these massive long black spikes. Instantly, everything around me started growing spikes; the flowers, the plants, the tree and the apples. Soon, spiky apples started falling all around me, and I had to run from the tree in terror.

I ended the spirit walk then and there.

Much later I was able to put 2 and 2 together. The shape of the 'thing' that entered my vision was the same shape as the hormone patches I had been using in the lead up to getting clusters and the 7 month headache. That in itself, is a long story.

But ever since, an apple, something I love, with long black sharp spikes has been my symbol for headaches and cluster headaches.

I need to get the tattoo touched up a bit, and gone over by a better tattoo artist. But hopefully you get the idea.

MG

OUCH no longer exists.

From the ouch-us.org website:

April 7, 2012:

To all OUCH members,

It is with great sadness that the Board of Directors of OUCH is going to have to close the organization.

Over the years OUCH has been a strong viable organization for the support and research into cluster headaches.  Recently, membership interest has dropped, volunteerism is low and there is no apparent interest in serving on the Board of Directors.  The current Board cannot continue alone, and per our by-laws, and with no membership support or volunteers for office, we must close the OUCH doors.

Over the years of OUCH’s existence, there have been many people who have given their time and dedication to not only OUCH, but to cluster headache support and research.  We want to thank each and every one of you for your support.

We are working with the State of Texas, where we are registered as a 501c non-profit corporation to close down according to Texas laws, as well as filing our closure with the Internal Revenue Service.

Both our checking account with Bank of America and our PayPal account will be closed and all remaining funds will be donated to ClusterBusters which is a registered 501c non-profit organization, as well as other organizations devoted to cluster headache research and support.

If you are an active registered member of OUCH, please go to the OUCH message board at clusterheadaches.com and read our official announcement.

We wish all of you well and to be pain free from cluster headaches.  Please continue to visit clusterheadaches.com and clusterbusters.com for their wonderful information and support.

It hurts us dearly to have to do this but we have no options.

Sincerely,

OUCH Board of Directors