Any news on BOL-148?

clankfu

Hey Klank. . .I'd love to share it, actually. But it's probably not smart, there are far too many extremely strong opinions on the other side, so I'll stick to the facts.

Entheogen Corp. hasn't published any updated research since 2010. When John Halpern presented at the ClusterBusters conference in Chicago last year, he basically said, "Sorry, I wish I had something to report." Neither Halpern nor anybody from Entheogen is scheduled to be at the conference this weekend.

Slightly my opinion here. . .when the interested parties failed to get orphan drug status or achieve financial backing from a major pharma player, that's basically where it ended. A brominated LSD molecule would be an almost impossible sell to the FDA (and most other nations' policy-makers as well) without very, very deep pockets to ram it through clinical trials.

That will probably get me flamed a little, but my interest is in outcomes. I don't like seeing CH patients sitting/waiting/wishing that someone is working on a miracle drug. Know what I mean?

Slightly my opinion here. . .when the interested parties failed to get orphan drug status or achieve financial backing from a major pharma player, that's basically where it ended. A brominated LSD molecule would be an almost impossible sell to the FDA (and most other nations' policy-makers as well) without very, very deep pockets to ram it through clinical trials.

Yea, when I did a search, I came across their Indiegogo campaign which only raised around $2000.  No bueno.

Color my previous "no" as definitely 100% WRONG now, thank gawsh.

There is forward motion again with BOL-148, as revealed on 9/20/2014 at the clusterbusters conference.

There will be the formality of toxicity tests, then a plan for initial trials in Europe.

My impression was that "if lucky" the program to bring it to market it could take 5 years or so. No ironclad guarantees were issued regarding whether the efforts would ultimately be fruitful.

Sorry I didn't retain more info about it, but I believe there is to be an announcement this monday 9/22/14 at http://www.savanthwp.com//

The same company is working on a non-hallucinogenic version of ibogaine: http://www.savanthwp.com/SFBusinessTimes_Jan2013.pdf

The only downside to me about any of this is that animal trials will be involved. Sorry, but IMO that is completely unnecessary and uncalled for with BOL-148 (it may be required by the FDA though....?)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...