Micro Dosing

Phil

Hello everyone - I'm looking for some assistance.

Firstly - I've had great success over the years after finding you all - so thank you.

I'm episodic, and take MM for approx. 6-7 months of the year, once a month - that's from Sept - April and mange to keep the beast away. The issue I've got is that I don't really get on with the MM - like everybody else, I've got pressures at work, home and with kids - taking these things when I was young and care free was fine, but the realities of life as a mid-forties bloke supporting a family sometimes make the experience quite unpleasant.

I've got myself a good stash now and am looking to experiment in the knowledge that I can always fall back on busting and the regular monthly cycle that works for me.

So - I read some years ago about Micro Dosing, using smaller but more regular doses - what are people's experiences?

Many thanks

P

G'mornin Phil 

As a guy about to turn 72, I can so relate....unfortunately, in my opinion, there's just not enough anecdotal evidence yet to show that micro dosing is an effective treatment for clusters.....a scant few claim success but 1/10th to 1/20th of a recreational dose (175 - 350mg) is not enough for most folks to reach a therapeutic trip level !

Dallas Denny 

• Like 1

Dallas Denny - what sort of dose are you on?

I'm 0.9g dried on a monthly basis when in cycle - as I say, for approx. 6 months of a year. Some times it's much stronger than others - I try to make sure I eat as much as I can before hand and just walk in the hills for hours. I'm thinking I might crush it all up in to a powder - that way at least the doses should be more consistent.

I'm episodic Phil.....been busting since 2010....was never successfull at preventing a cycle by maintenance dosing during remission and have never been successful at aborting a cycle already in progress.....but....although I have to dose through out my entire 20 week cycles, I get 2 to 4 completely PF days between doses and oxygen works much better than prior to busting!

In 2017 I switched to a preemptive busting strategy in anticipation of a cycle beginning in late March early April at the earliest and as late as July/August......so, I began dosing with 1.5g every 30 days in late February and followed that strategy thru mid October.....never had the first twinge of a hit!

In an effort to repeat that success, I've been on the same dosing regimen since mid February.

I do powder and cap my doses to avoid the taste and resulting nausea.

DD

Micro dosing is all the rage these days based on popular books like How to Change your Mind by Pollard.   This is being used in the creative crowd and by folks for treatment resistant depression.  The most talked about strategy is 1/10th a dose every 3-4 days.  Everyone swears by it but data is lacking.  Similar situation for cluster prevention.  Folks are trying it but there is a paucity of data as DD has pointed out.  I am amazed you are feeling the effects of a gram once a month you must either have potent stuff or a susceptible brain.  Depending on your supplies you can make a tinture of MM for microdosing.  For instance 20 grams dried in 200 cc Everclear, soak for a month or so then you have 0.1 gram per 1 cc.

DD, Pebblesthecorgi - thanks for the responses.

Looks like the Microdosing is a lost cause - thanks for the advice. So I'll carry on with what works.

Like DD says, I think grinding up to dust is probably the next logical step to gain consistency  - I can fit it on to a tea-spoon and glug down with a glass of squash to stop the gagging. Who knows whether my brain is more/less susceptible - I have a strain called 'golden teacher' they are more visual than others which have been far too frenzied for me in the past. All I know is they work and stop the pain. I just need to make sure I'm in positive state of mind before doing it

thanks guys, take it easy