Just diagnosed clusterhead in need of a oxygen mask

Bass1802

After 9 years of dealing with what I now know to be cluster headaches , I am trying to find an oxygen mask for immediate use. I ordered the one recommended on forum but it won’t arrive til Monday. Does anyone know how I could acquire something today or tomorrow? I have yet to try Oxygen treatment, I was prescribed Sumatriptan and it worked so that’s what I’ve been on last 3 weeks. (Taking to much tho) Insurance won’t cover oxygen so I’m putting together my own. Please please let me know any ideas. Thank you. 

Good that you have a firm diagnosis Bass!  Even better that you're getting an O2 rig together....high flow oxygen be it medical or welding is a clusterheads lifesaver!!

The Clustero2kit that you have on order is the Cadillac!!  But, to be completely honest, I'm not sure how you'd go about sourcing a standard non rebreather mask from a local supplier without a script for O2.....you might inquire at a durable medical goods supplier.  Hopefully someone else with experience will be able to direct you on this matter! Good luck!

Dallas Denny 

You can get overnight delivery on a non-rebreather mask from Amazon, I'm sure.  But that's a lot of $ for one day's use.  You can get masks without a prescription, so maybe you could find one at a medical supply store.  Some people have had success with O2-related things by asking at places that carry O2, so it's possible that a nearby firehouse, EMT station, hospital, walk-in clinic, etc., might give you one or sell you one. They probably pay about two bucks or less for them, so it's not a big deal if they're willing.

I feel like I've read that some people in a pinch have actually sucked O2 from tubing attached to a regulator, without a mask.  I'm not recommending that, but maybe someone will chime in.  You'd need to get tubing that attaches to your regulator, of course.

You should be splitting your injections: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/2446-extending-imitrex/

Don't know if you need it but more about O2 here https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/5627-notes-about-welding-o2/  and in here https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/

Yes ,knock on wood, I’ve actually had them cut back to 1-2 day. That’s since starting D3&Magnesium and using O2. I can also affirm that O2 doesn’t seem to work as well when tank getting low. The mask I ordered (clusterO2 kit, Thanks DJ) really makes the welding set up manageable, at least for me rt now. Not sure if I’m back to normal after stopping the Imitrex or if the D3 helped that much but I definitely feel better and the attacks are down. Could this be end of cycle also? Hope community is doing well and maintaining. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bass1802 said:

....I can also affirm that O2 doesn’t seem to work as well when tank getting low.

...check the flow meter...may simply need to turn up  to maintain flow level as tank volume drops....

The mask I ordered (clusterO2 kit, Thanks DJ)

...PRINCE of a man...beloved in the community...LIFE SAVER....

• Like 1