Does weight lifting reduce vitamin D?

tmac

So, my CH cycles go ever 1.5 years and typically last 3 months.  This last one started in December and it is now mid-April. Still having nightly hits. Now into month 4.  One thing that is different is that I started working out for an hour 5 days a week.  I've lost 35 lbs, however, I've noticed that after really heavy workouts, my hits get worse for the next few days.  For the last 5 days, I stopped working out and the pain level has decreased each day. Honestly, I'm afraid to work out again.  I've read online that those with higher vitamin D levels benefit when lifting weights and wonder if my workouts are using up some of the D I've built up.  BTW, I'm currently taking 90,000 iU/day. This is a high dose, but anything less results in more pain and more attacks. Have any of you seen research that weight lifting or cardio can deplete your vitamin D levels?  Just trying to understand why my workouts make things worse.

• Like 1

Hey tmac, I don't think that working out would deplete your D3, but I am hardly an expert!

In addition, you are taking a lot of it daily. When was your last blood work to check your level of D3? I definitely recommend that you have a blood draw to check your D at a minimum. 

Exercise helps some with their hits and makes them worse for others. Just the luck of the draw I think. But, it sounds like this is a recent change for you. So, I stand by, get a blood test and see where your D currently stands.

You can order one from Lab Corp in many states yourself and it is pretty cheap.

ATB!

So, I have an annual physical in a few days and plan on getting my vitamin D, calcium, and PT hormone levels checked. I think I'm experiencing something called exercise induced allergies.  Apparently, this happens more frequently than you would think. Since stopping, the awake time hits have stopped. Crazy thing is that I'm still running in place with O2 at 2am in the morning as it helps abort the attack quicker than anything else.  Yet, lifting weights causes a really bad hit 2 hours after.

Honestly, i'm so tired of guessing. Just tired and need relief.

I witnessed something similar this cycle, never had that before in terms of workout. I have not worked out (at all) for around 10 months and the same day I started again some weeks ago, my cycle started. (which is over a month late then usual, I thought I passed a cycle again this year)

I did not start out with intensive training, I know what I am doing in terms of very slowly getting into lifting again after a longer pause. Seems this time I angered my CH - I have since tried again to workout on 2 more occasions with very moderate units in the morning, the hits the following night where absolute horrible with high frequency and took a too long time to abort with o2.

Very odd - I´ll test on some more days but need to prepare already that another thing that brings joy and would be good for me is not allowed.

I know that there are many posts here stating that intense workout does not abort for them but actually trigger an attack. (I am not triggered after the training in the morning but it starts early at nighttime)

My neck feels worse as well during attack build up. My theory right now is lifting tingles a back / neck nerve involved with signal paths to the trigeminal nerve or what ever. Our cases might be totally unrelated, as usual the disclaimer we are all different but still leaving my experience here.

• Like 1

during cycle i abstain from heavy lifting...had to learn the hard way by suffering brutal hits while at the gym, no bueno.

when in cycle i now just stick to cycling (cardio) without going into anaerobic. when out of cycle i resume my lifting.