Need help

Shaun brearley

Need help . Sorry im new on here im from uk im 52 years old we are a bit behind on treatment in uk for CH . I have suffered since i was 21 with CH but only got med when i was 42 so had to suffer without till then now on Topiramate . Home oxygen plus samitriptan injections  . Ive gone in to a cycle thats really intense im getting 5 to 6 attacks aday at present . Any ideas please , 

Having the home oxygen is a huge plus. Make sure your using it correctly up around 20 lps with a non rebreather mask. Be careful with the sumatriptan injections you may be causing yourself more headaches if you are using them a lot. You can look on this site how to split them and maybe cut back on the amount your using. Look into the vitamin D3  that alone can hep some get pain free. Energy drinks like a 5hr can also help at the onset of the cluster to give the oxygen a head start. 

Click on the blue banner above for a rundown on what this site is about, you will find a tun of information here and everyone iw here to help each other out. Poke around and ask questions. 

The Vitamin d regimen is a hand full of different vitamins taken daily to raise you Vitamin D levels in your system to reduce or eliminate cluster headaches and also has other health benefits. It was created by a member on this site Batch who now goes by the name XXX. If you type vitamin D in the search bar you will find all kinds of post with people who are using this to fight clusters. Here is also a link that will take you to information about it.

https://vitamindwiki.com/Cluster+headaches+substantially+reduced+by+10,000+IU+of+Vitamin+D+in+80+percent+of+people

XXX is on this site just about every day and is so helpful to everyone. If you do want to give this a try and have any questions I am sure he would answer them for you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that, my pharmacist called it "The California drug"  because it can make you skinny and stupid. I was only asking, as anecdotally, I and I know several others here have had our cycles go into overdrive after stopping it. I had to stop it because I got a kidney stone and within a few weeks had gone from 3-4 a week to up to 6 or more a day with an increased intensity. Though, I am chronic and not episodic.

All that aside, the advice here is solid. You can also try meditation, or guided. I used to think it was hooey, but it does help to relieve that anxiety and other feelings that come after a bad hit etc. 

The other thing not mentioned here is energy drinks, many swear by the 5 hr energy, chugged at the start, the same with like rockstar or monster.  I stick to the sugar free options and might want to talk to a doc before spiking caffeine and other intake with them.

• Like 2