Vegan D3 regimen

shrumsh

Hi @shrumsh, I recall discussing this here a little while ago. OK not so much a little while , more like 7+ years ago :o.

Back then I was using the Solgar Vegetarian DHA but I don't think it was long before I reverted back to just taking plain old high lignan flax oil for my Omega 3s. I can't claim to have any particular evidence that flax oil is an effective substitute for fish oil in the D3 regimen though.

You can get most of your ALA from flaxseed oil; however, it will not provide the EPA and DHA. Furthermore, fish do not produce EPA or DHA-its their diet from Algae. 

The product I sent a link to is 100% plant-based, Vegan. It contains your EPA and DHA from Algae and your ALA from flaxseed. The capsules are not Gelatin! I went through a few medical databases and found no differences in outcomes. It works similarly, just differences in approach. 

I believe that you can purchase this on Vitacost, as I refuse to support cronyism.

Anecdotal, but important, I take 3200mg of Nordic Naturals Super Omega 3 and 15,000 iu of D among several other orthomolecular approaches. My 25 Hydroxy maintains at 40. Most push for 30, I have my reasons. The big 2 Omega 3 and D, drastically reduced my fibromyalgia symptoms, all headache symptomology, and it is a potent mood-stabilizer. Even with a severe form of BPD not responsive to DBT or CBT my entire team is wondering what in the hell I am taking. It works. Don't be scared to go heavy.

The price is very fair: I don't see the big stink. I pay far more, people don't understand that quality affords an output of cash. This isn't a mass-produced Natures Way loaded with fillers, gelatin, and binders.

https://www.ovega.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad that I could help (for once). I am trying my best. As I stated, $30 seems steep, but I pay $37 for a 1400mg Fish Based Omega 3, it's the only one that I can see/verify the lab purity tests. You can chat with this company (a very good sign). I'm sure they will furnish the proper lab results.

Everyone has a preference, but I have reviewed independent lab tests and through the years tried an entire slew of different Fish Oil supplements. I started with the ones that you could purchase at Target, nothing changed, even approaching 4800mg. 

Next, I went to MOMS (My Organic Market), and well they said try Now Foods. I used several of their products, most are an industry secret (non-GMO, organic, natural) exceptional product at rock-bottom prices, nope. I didn't see the results. And unlike most brands, they pay to have their products tested by all of the third-party labs. They also do a lot of clinical research.

Onward, if you know anything about Meta-Analysis, Amazon reviews are fake. If you buy a product based on reviews that is your ignorance. When adjusted, most products are not anywhere near the quality portrayed. This is important. I managed to acquire the lab results for Nordic Naturals (not hard, but I refuse to pay), and I tried it. In a week I felt what all the hype was about.

I realize this was drawn out, but EVERYTHING that I use is evidence-based. Nordic Naturals is at the top for purity standards, meaning you will get that 1400 of EPA/DHA. Most are all on paper, not even close. They have numerous products, no burp, lemon, mixtures with Vitamin D, et cetera. I don't support Amazon, so I provided a link to their webpage. Don't be discouraged go on Vitacost, they have buttloads of Omega 3 products.

I will stick my neck out on this. Most of the lab results I have seen had shown evidence of mercury and toxins with other Omega 3 blends, they distill everything! And you get the real purported dose. Yes, there are other products, they cost more. It is not cheap, but it is worth it. If you dose as I do, 3000mg, plan on $60 a month. 

https://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/professionals/why-omega-3s/536

And so I don't sound like a nutraceutical sales rep pushing high-end nutraceuticals, for most things you can purchase the Now Foods brand and get spectacular results. In most cases, that brand is a few dollars cheaper than the ones you find cluttering your druggist's shelf. I know of others as well. Most people, in all things that they purchase, fall for brilliant packaging and marketing. 

9F79C2EA-AE9D-4F5F-8CCC-7240437C55A3.jpe42F26269-0A84-446D-A216-DBB938F977AB.jpe808BF6BA-CB9F-4CC7-87E4-7E4BBFA249E5.jpe8B8C74AB-8B7D-4EEB-B470-7B69C9C8D2D0.jpe

31 minutes ago, Juss said:

Everyone has a preference, but I have reviewed independent lab tests and through the years tried an entire slew of different Fish Oil supplements. I started with the ones that you could purchase at Target, nothing changed, even approaching 4800mg. 

Next, I went to MOMS (My Organic Market), and well they said try Now Foods. I used several of their products, most are an industry secret (non-GMO, organic, natural) exceptional product at rock-bottom prices, nope. I didn't see the results. And unlike most brands, they pay to have their products tested by all of the third-party labs. They also do a lot of clinical research.

Onward, if you know anything about Meta-Analysis, Amazon reviews are fake. If you buy a product based on reviews that is your ignorance. When adjusted, most products are not anywhere near the quality portrayed. This is important. I managed to acquire the lab results for Nordic Naturals (not hard, but I refuse to pay), and I tried it. In a week I felt what all the hype was about.

I realize this was drawn out, but EVERYTHING that I use is evidence-based. Nordic Naturals is at the top for purity standards, meaning you will get that 1400 of EPA/DHA. Most are all on paper, not even close. They have numerous products, no burp, lemon, mixtures with Vitamin D, et cetera. I don't support Amazon, so I provided a link to their webpage. Don't be discouraged go on Vitacost, they have buttloads of Omega 3 products.

I will stick my neck out on this. Most of the lab results I have seen had shown evidence of mercury and toxins with other Omega 3 blends, they distill everything! And you get the real purported dose. Yes, there are other products, they cost more. It is not cheap, but it is worth it. If you dose as I do, 3000mg, plan on $60 a month. 

https://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/professionals/why-omega-3s/536

Awesome, thank you for this info!

Anytime, no problem, I had to upload some pictures on a file server, and then host them. We aren't allowed to upload but tiny pictures and so it took me a few minutes. The pills are substantial, and you do need to take 2 of them. I'm used to it, but for many, it is a no-go. I take two pills, twice a day. 

You won't smell like fish or get the vile taste in your mouth either. That alone will make me purchase them. 

If anyone has questions I will do my best to answer, as I have been learning for a decade (myself).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juss said:

....for most things you can purchase the Now Foods brand and get spectacular results. In most cases, that brand is a few dollars cheaper than the ones you find cluttering your druggist's shelf....

That is the impression I have also gotten (especially with their phosphatidyl serine for improved memory).